How to use the GH SIM Self Reg App to Register Your SIM Card
Did you know that you can register your SIM card using the Ghana SIM Registration App? This app allows you to register your SIM card from home, without the need to physically visit any mobile network operator outlet or any physical location. You can simply download the app, enter your details and go through the registration process in minutes.
The Ghana SIM registration self service app
The National Communication Authority (NCA) in a press release on August 26th, 2021 announced to Ghanaians the release of the “SIM Card Registration Self Service App”.
The app is intended for SIM Card users in Ghana who has not yet finished registering their SIM Cards to do so.
The NCA brought out this idea after majority of Ghanaians failed to complete their SIM card registration when they were given a deadline to do so with their Ghana cards.
With the GH SIM Self Reg App, it is believed it will enable all Ghanaians to be able to register the SIM Cards at the comfort of their home with no stress.
Who can use the app
Subscribers who have gone through the first process of the SIM Card registration and have acquired their unique code can use the app. To verify your code, dial *404#.
How do I get access to the SIM Card registration app?
The GH SIM Self Reg App is an easy way to register your SIM card without having to go through the hassle of going to a physical store for SIM registration. To get the app,
- Visit playstore on your android phone and in the search bar section, type in GH SIM Self Reg App to download.
- In a short possible time, the app will be ready on your phone for use.
Note that, the app is only available on Google playstore for now and thus, it can only be accessed by android users.
What do you need to use the app?
Make sure your have access to the details below in order to have ease in using the app.
- You first need to have a Smart Phone to be able to have the app.
- Ghana Card is the only accepted Identification Card to register the app.
- You need to have Internet Access to be able to complete your registration.
- You need to have an Email Address.
- Your Unique Code for your SIM after Stage 1 Registration must be available.
- Ghana Digital Address will be required during registration.
- Mobile Money Account for the GHS5 payment to complete the registration. The mobile money account does not have to be a Mobile Money account for the SIM that is being registered.
What is the benefit of the SIM Self Reg App
The benefit of the Ghana SIM registration app according to NCA is to provide convenience for subscribers for th to be able to register their SIMs from their homes, offices and any convenient locations.
Is it free to register your SIM Card on the SIM Self Reg App?
Registering your SIM Card on the SIM Self Reg App is not free. Users need to have at least GHS5 in their mobile wallet to make registration successful.
How to use the SIM Card Reg App
- You first need to download the GH SIM Self Reg App App from Google Store.
- Once you download the App, you have to create an Account by providing your phone number (note that the number does not necessarily have to be the SIM you are registering),
- Provide your Email address, First name and Last name and a 4-digit PIN.
- Log in using the credentials you created in step 2 and 3 to start the SIM registration.
- Select the type of ID you will be using. Ghana card will be the only option in this section.
- Select your network provider (MTN, Vodafone, AirtelTigo and Glo) from the list provided.
- After network selection, enter the number of the SIM you want to register.
- Enter the phone number you want to use for mobile payment. (If you are using the same number, you entered when you were creating the account, you can leave it blank).
- One you have selected the Ghana Card ID, enter your unique code (the number your network operator provided to you when you did the first registration).
- If you forget the unique code number, you can dial *400 on your network.
- If you have not yet linked your Ghana card ID with your phone number, please do so by dialing *404 to do so.
- After validation of your subscriber unique code, you will be prompted to confirm your payment.
- Click on confirm to initiate the payment process. The mobile money provider will send you SMS to enter your PIN to confirm you are paying for SIM registration.
- After the payment is confirmed, you will receive notification on your mobile money account for payment to be authorized.
- You will need to scan your Ghana Card ID in the next step. The app will load your personal information and the document number on the screen. Please pay attention to the screen and follow the prompts on the screen to capture the front and back of your Ghana Card.
- After scanning your Ghana Card, the app will ask you take a selfie for a liveness and likeness check and also scan your face to confirm you as the real owner of the card. If successful, the app will send you to the next step to scan your fingerprints.
- You will see a screen with the instructions on how to scan your fingerprints. After reading the instructions, click to start scanning.
- If successful, you will get a notification that you are done with this for both your left and right fingerprints.
- Congratulations! You have successfully registered your SIM Card if you have successfully gone through all the above process.
NCA Official Press Release on SIM Card self service registration app
You can contact the NCA via their official website, www.nca.org.gh. for more enquiries or contact their Operational Support Center via toll free on 0800 110 622.
It is the responsibility of every SIM Card user in Ghana to register their SIM Card before the give deadline date. With the SIM Card Reg App, it is now more easier and comfortable to register your SIM Card with ease. The information and procedures above is all you need to do so.