NCA Collaborates to provide new terms for SIM Re-registration
The Board of Directors for the National Communications Authority, the Chief Executive Officers of Mobile Network Operators, and the developers of the SIM card registration application met to discuss the challenges being faced by subscribers with the ongoing SIM card registration exercise which began on 1st October 2021.
During the meeting, issues being encountered during the SIM registration process were reviewed and possible solutions to improve the subscriber experience.
After concluding the meeting, NCA issued out a statement on 11th January, saying that all the MNOs, App Designers and NCA have agreed
1. That stakeholders, that is, the NCA, all MNOs and App designers are committed to collaborating to ensure the success of the exercise”.
2. That all MNOs will work to improve the customer experience at various registration centers to reduce and eliminate long queues at Stage 2 of registration.
3. That all MNOs will take urgent steps to increase the number of agents/staff undertaking the biometric capture at stage 2 of the exercise, open up additional registration points and increase the number of devices for the biometric capture.
4. That the MNOs will publish the locations for the SIM Registration for subscribers to easily locate centers close to them.
5. That there will be a continuous update of the SIM card registration application to ensure it is robust and efficient at all times.
6. That there will be deeper collaboration to ensure that all associated challenges with the SIM Card Registration exercise are addressed promptly. It is the expectation of all stakeholders that all concerns regarding the SIM Registration will be resolved for a successful exercise.