OnlyFans Set to Ban Sexually Explicit Content From October

One of the world’s most popular subscription sites, OnlyFans is set to ban its sexually explicit content, i.e., photos and videos beginning on 1st October 2021.

Over the years, OnlyFans has been popularly known by many people as their source of getting sexually explicit content on the internet. In many foreign movies, OnlyFans is mentioned as a place where most people make a living on the internet showing sexually explicit content, well, that is not going to be the case anymore.

Advertisement

This announcement was made after the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC)’s News desk confronted the company for a response to “leaked documents concerning accounts which posted illegal content”.

Advertisement

According to OnlyFans, after the confrontation by BBC News, their banking partners also pressured them to make this change to the services offered.

In a statement by OnlyFans, they said “in order to ensure the long-term sustainability of our platform, and continue to host an inclusive community of creators and fans, we must evolve our content guidelines.

Also on Mfidie.com:   Meet Tesla Bot, Elon Musk's Humanoid Robot Set to Be Launched in 2022

This statement has generated several arguments from people all over the world, with most of them agreeing with OnlyFans’ decision and thinking this is a good move to sensitize the platform.

Advertisement

Based in the United Kingdom, precisely London, OnlyFans is a video subscription platform where creators charge their subscribers a monthly fee to gain access to their content. In return, OnlyFans takes 20% of their revenue and pays the remaining 80% to the creators’ accounts.

Although OnlyFans is known publicly for the sexually explicit content, that is not the only type of video available on the platform, there are also cooking, fitness content available on OnlyFans. According to BBC News, the platform grew in the pandemic and now has about 130 million users.

This is not the first time OnlyFans is under investigation by BBC, over the years, there have been several investigations by BBC News. In June 2021, BBC News made a discovery that several under-18s were selling sexually explicit content on the platform.

Advertisement

As to whether or not, the platform will ban sexually explicit content we will be following this and give you all the necessary information as and when the need arises.

Also on Mfidie.com:   Apple CEO Tim Cook Gets $750m Payout

Thank you for making Mfidie.com Ghana's Biggest Tech Blog.
You are the reason we produce quality digital content. Scroll down to read more on Mfidie.com.
Follow us on TwitterFB, IG, Telegram & YouTube
We accept Guest Posts. If you’d like to write for us, contact us for PR or to submit an article click here.

Advertisement
Leave a comment