How to buy anything on Jumia Ghana and pay with MTN Mobile Money
Shopping in Ghana has been made a lot easier with the introduction of Jumia. Today, anyone can buy anything from electronic gadgets to clothing online and get it delivered to them from overseas or here in Ghana at a very affordable price.
However, as simple as this is, many people are unable to buy things on Jumia because they fear they may have to use credit cards (which is a major concern for Ghanaians).
Fortunately, Jumia has made it rather easy for you to buy things and pay with your mobile money wallet.
How to make an order on Jumia and pay with MTN Mobile Money
Create A Jumia Account
- Visit Jumia.com.gh or download the app on iOS AppStore or Google play store.
- Create a User account by clicking on register/create account.
- Fill all the necessary forms and be sure to indicate a correct shipping address (Your postal address in this case), as that will be the means by which you receive your goods.
Access Your Account And Place Order
- Login to your user account (using your email address and password)
- Select your preferred items and add them to your cart
- Click on your shopping cart at the top of your app/website
- Click on complete order at the bottom
- Check your shipping address and be sure it’s the right one. If not, click on change and effect the changes.
- Select your delivery method (pickup at the shop or home delivery)
- Click on Proceed To Payment
- Select your payment method (Jumia pay/ Mobile Money)
- Enter and apply voucher code (If applicable)
Paying With Jumia Pay
- Click on proceed to summary
- Change your payment method if you wish to or click on Confirm if everything is okay.
- You’ll be taken to Jumia pay page where you get to set up a payment profile.
- Click on pay now and check your phone for a prompt to authorise payment. If you do not see any prompts, check the next step below:
How to approve Mobile Money payment to Jumia Ghana
After you checkout with Jumia Pay, you will have to confirm the Mobile Money payment. Sometimes this comes as a prompt. In the situation where there is no prompt, follow the steps below:
- Dial *170#
- Select option 6 (My Wallet)
- Choose 3 ( my approvals)
- Enter your pin code to proceed
- Look for the Jumia transaction and proceed with the prompts to authorize it.
You’ll receive a text message and email confirming the transaction.
Finally, your purchase is successful and you are ready to receive your order when it’s available. Remember that delivery takes between 2-6 weeks sometimes.