Apply for your Ghana Biometric Birth Certificate Online; Get it in 14 Days
With the eServices portal, you can easily apply for a Ghanaian Birth Certificate and get it in 2 weeks.
A Biometric Birth Certificate is the singularly most important document you need to apply for a Ghanaian Passport; online or offline. Without the birth certificate, you can’t apply for the passport.
For a lot of people who have read our extensive guide on how to get a Ghanaian Biometric Passport in 15 days, the next question that comes up is always: “How do I get a Ghanaian Birth Certificate?”.
Well, as Usual, Mfidie.com brings to you steps to take to get a Birth Certificate here in Ghana.
What is a Birth Certificate?
According to VitalCheck, a certified birth certificate is an official government-issued record of a person’s birth, printed on security paper and includes an official raised, embossed, impressed or multicoloured seal.
Here in Ghana, the Births and Deaths Registry was established by the Act 301 of 1965, within the Ministry of Local Government and Rural Development, to handle and develop the births and deaths registration system in Ghana. However, the Registration of Births and Deaths Act of 1965, (Act 301) is the legislation currently in force in the country.
What documents you need to apply for a Biometric Birth Certificate in Ghana
As with any other application online, there is the need to verify your identity and to be sure you are actually the person applying. In order to do these, you will have to scan some documents and upload them somewhere in the process. These documents are:
- Your Baptismal Certificate
- Clinical Weighing/Notification of birth card
- Old Birth Certificate
In addition to the above, minors (below 18 years) will have to add:
- An affidavit from one of the parents
Step by Step Procedure to apply for a Ghanaian Birth Certificate
- Visit the E-Services Ghana website at eservices.gov.gh
- On the top-left side of the eServices Page Click on BDR – Apply for Birth Certificate.
- On the next page, Read the option that says new users must register to have full access to the portal online services using the Register link. Click the Register link
- On the next page, you will be met with a form. It contains questions that you will need to fill. Fill the form as accurately as possible. Some of the required fields on the form are:
- First Names
- Last Names
- Age Group
- Country of Residence
- Mobile Number
- Primary Email Address
- Once you have successfully completed the registration, a confirmation will be sent to the email address. For this reason, it is always advisable you use an address that you have access to
- Click on the confirmation link in the email to confirm your eServices Registration
- Next, visit eServices website again and click on Apply for Birth Certificate or BDR tab.
- Read Instructions Carefully and Select New Applicant to begin.
- Carefully fill the forms and Upload Required files you have already scanned.
- Payment options will be made available to you before the entire process can be completed. Use myghpay by GT Bank to make payment on the e-payment platform.
Price of Birth Certificate in Ghana (Online Application)
It costs GHS 50 to apply for the Ghanaian Biometric Birth Certificate online.
Sample Ghana Biometric Birth Certificate
Your birth certificate will be ready for collection after 14 working days.
If you have any questions, kindly leave them in the comments section below.
Thank You For Reading. Don’t Forget To Share This With Your Family And Friends. For The Latest Tech News And Reviews, Follow Mfidie On Twitter, Facebook, Instagram And Subscribe To Our YouTube Channel.
If You Want To Be Part Of Our Team Of Writers Or You Want To Guest Write, Send A WhatsApp Message To 0242022161 Or Simply Call. You Can Also Fill The Form Here To Join Our Team And We Will Contact You Back.