MTN Mobile Money: How to Register and Advantages
MTN Mobile Money registration is quick and easy if you follow the right steps. With statistics showing that Ghana’s e-commerce is largely dominated by Mobile Money transactions, it is only fair and wise that we are all registered for it. Follow these simple six steps (if you don’t already have a well registered MTN Sim Card) for your MTN Mobile Money Registration in Ghana.
Remember you need to have a valid National ID Card, Driver’s License, Passport or Voter’s ID Card to be able to correctly register.
How to Register for MTN Mobile Money
- With a valid photo ID card (Voter ID, Drivers’ License, Passport) go to the nearest MTN Mobile Money Authorised Merchant.
- The Merchant captures your personal details and gives you a Mobile Money SIM card.
- Insert your Mobile Money SIM in your phone. You will receive an SMS asking you to register.
- Go to “My MTN” on your mobile phone and select “Mobile Money”.
- Select “Register” and enter your photo ID type and number.
- Select and repeat Mobile Money PIN (4 digits).
- You will receive a welcome message on your phone.
You need to keep your MTN Pin Safely so that no one else can access your MTN Mobile Money Wallet.
Advantages of Using MTN Mobile Money
- It’s hassle-free. MTN Mobile Money is easy to use once you get your account registered. You can simply set your pin and send and receive money seamlessly.
- MTN Mobile Money is safe. With a pin set, no one can withdraw your money without your permission. Also, when you make a “wrong” transaction, you can still call MTN call centre and it will be almost immediately solved for you.
- You can link it to your bank account and withdraw from any ATM. We wrote a detailed post on how to withdraw money from an ATM via MTN mobile money. You can check it out here.
Do you have difficulties registering for MTN Mobile Money? Call the MTN Ghana call centre on 100.