3 Simple Ways to Link SSNIT & Ghana Card before 31st December Deadline
As the year draws to a close, it has become important for all of us to make sure we have done all the necessary things we can, especially those with a deadline. The SSNIt and Ghana Card link is one of such necessities.
The SSNIT offices across the country have been open since yesterday to aid all those who want to link their SSNIT and NIA (Ghana Card) numbers. The SSNIT offices will continue to work till the last day of this year, 31st December 2021 at 4:30 p.m.
However, if you do not want to step foot in the office, there are various other means to do the linkage, even if you are outside Ghana.
In this article, I look at all the 3 possible ways that every Ghanaian with an old SSNIT number can link it with their Ghana Card numbers before the deadline reaches.
Why you should merge/link your SSNIT and NIA (Ghana Card) Numbers
- You only have to carry your Ghana Card for all transactions
- Easy identification of nominated dependants
- You save money because you don’t need to pay for a SSNIT card
- It’s a legal requirement
What you need to merge your SSNIT and Ghana Card Numbers
To link your SSNIT and Ghana Card Number, you need to have the following:
- Your NIA number
- SSNIT number
- Mobile phone number
- Active email address
How to find your NIA/Ghana Card Number
To find your NIA or Ghana Card number, all you need is your Ghana Card. Once you have the Ghana Card, look at the section that says “Personal ID Number”. You will find an alphanumeric code in the format “GNXXXXXXXXXX”.
The alphanumeric code is your NIA Number or your Ghana Card number. It is this code that you will use to merge your SSNIT and NIA Numbers.
These are the 3 approved ways you can do the SSNIT & Ghana Card merger:
- By walking into any SSNIT office near you
- By using the shortcode – *711*9#
- by using the SSNIT website
Now let’s explain each method.
Method 1: Merge your SSNIT and Ghana Card on your Phone
- Dial *711*9# on your mobile phone
- Select option 1
- Enter your SSNIT Number
- Enter your email address (if the phone number you are using is different from your phone number registered in our database)
- Enter the Personal ID Number on your Ghana Card
- Select option 1 to complete the merging of your SSNIT and the NIA numbers (Personal ID Number on your Ghana Card)
- Wait for the confirmation message
Method 2: Merge your SSNIT and NIA (Ghana Card) Number online
Follow these steps to merge your SSNIT and NIA Number very fast:
- Visit the official SSNIT Members Website – https://www.ssnit.org.gh/member/
- Log in with your current SSNIT number and Password
- Request for a new Password here if you don’t have one and use it to log in
- At the top bar, click on the “Merge My NIA” button
- Read the terms and conditions and check the box to continue
- Enter your NIA Number to continue
- Confirm your email and phone number
- Click submit to successfully link your SSNIT Number and NIA Number.
Method 3: Visit a local SSNIT Office
This method is best for those who could not merge via the 1st and 2nd methods. You can do a Google Map Search for a SSNIT office near you, and then visit them to have the merger done.
Please note that you will have to go with your Ghana Card in order to complete this method successfully. The process itself is less than 5 minutes but you might meet a queue or there would be network issues. Just be patient and the SSNIT representative will help you merge your SSNIT and Ghana card numbers.
Thank you for reading and we hope the methods described here will be of help to you. A happy new year in advance to you and share this with your friends.