5G Network Service: Countries That Are Already Enjoying
The 5th Generation Mobile Network in short 5G is a new global standard network after 4G. 5G is designed to virtually connect everyone and everything together including machines, objects, and devices.
5G is meant to produce higher multi-Gbps peak data speed, more reliability, massive network capacity, and uniform experience to its users. 5G is considered a game-changer of the 21st-century inheritance.
Before 5G’s full implementation, many controversies have surrounded the service. many even speculate 5G is the cause of coronavirus(the deadly world pandemic.
Many controversies over controversies. Some even say 5G is a population control network orchestrated by tech giants to control the world’s population.
We are not focusing on the controversies surrounding 5G. We are going to focus on the good side of 5G in this article.
5G technology is indeed a game-changer. Some countries have already started enjoying the service. Let’s look at some of the features of 5G.
- Up to 10Gbps data rate -> 10 to 100x improvement over 4 and 4.5G networks
- 1-milestone latency
- 1000x bandwidth per unit area.
- Up to 100x the number of connected devices per unit area
- 99.999% availability
- 100% coverage
- 90% reduction in network energy usage.
- Up to 10-year battery life for low IoT (Internet of Things) device.
Why 5G is Fast?
Why 5G is considered very fast and a game-changer? According to a principle of communication, the shorter the frequency the larger the bandwidth. 5G does just that.
5G offers extremely low latency rate, that is the delay between sending and receiving information. 4G offers 200 milliseconds but for 5G it goes down to 1 millisecond. That is a massive improvement.
Countries that have rolled out 5G
Some countries have already rolled out 5G service. Others have either partially rolled out the service but either way its all the same.
- The United States of America – T-Mobile USA has rolled out 5G in 50 cities. AT&T has also made 5G available to its mobile network in 35 cities and 190 markets.
- South Korea – As of January 2020, South Korea has rolled out 5G service to 85 cities.
- Sweden and Estonia – Tested for 5G in December 2018. Although it is not commercially accessible but was speculated to be accessible by 2020.
- Japan – Japan has fully launched a 5G service. It was made possible on March 25, 2020
- United Kingdom
With many countries facing some challenges in implementing the 5G network, others are already enjoying this new form of network Technology.
Though some of the countries mentioned above have not made the service commercially accessible to consumers, they are still working to achieve that aim by the end of 2020.
The US for instance has not rolled out the 5G network in the whole country and even China, Germany, and the United Kingdom. Most of the countries are not fully rolled out.
Technology is fast advancing. 5G network is proof of how far technology will go. Sooner or later, 5G services will be accessible in most countries.