How To Buy And Sell Bitcoin in Ghana Using Mobile Money
The dream of Ghana to become a digital society is gradually becoming evident. A few years back, cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Dogecoin were only traded in the western part of the world.
Fast forward to 2021, the number of Ghanaians trading cryptocurrencies is mind-blowing as even some high school kids are now experts when it comes to trading cryptocurrencies. There is more to cryptocurrency trading in Ghana than just the buying and selling of it, where you buy, and sell is also important.
In Ghana, one of the main products or services that has helped the industry very much is Mobile Money. In just a few years, the number of Mobile Money (MoMo) users in Ghana has increased throughout the country and can be viewed as the biggest financial platform in Ghana. This claim was made very clear when the majority of Ghanaians complained about the introduction of the e-levy which is going to work more effectively on MoMo.
One of the trusted places or vendors to buy and sell Bitcoin from in Ghana is Yellow Card. Not only can they be trusted, but they also provide you with the luxury of using Mobile Money (MoMo) to do so. In this guide, we are going to show you how to buy and sell Bitcoin in Ghana using Mobile Money (MoMo); and the method we will discuss is the Yellow Card method.
What is Yellow Card?
Before we go into the details of how to buy or sell your Bitcoin, it is important we take a brief look at the vendor Yellow Card. Yellow Card is an American-based Bitcoin vendor that helps to buy and sell Bitcoin in 14 African countries.
Some of the countries include Ghana, Nigeria, Botswana, Cameroon, Gabon, DR Congo, Rwanda, South Africa, Uganda, Zambia, etc. Choosing to trade with Yellow Card as your Bitcoin “plug” in Ghana is one of the best decisions you could ever make. This is because, in terms of security and good rates, Yellow Card is one of the best in the country.
Apart from Bitcoin, you can also trade other cryptocurrencies like Ethereum and Tether on Yellow Card. With a good User Interface (UI), Yellow Card makes it simple for its users to buy and sell their Bitcoins in just some simple steps without having to make any complicated “techy” stuff.
How To Create A Yellow Card Account
There are two (2) main ways you can create an account on Yellow Card. You can use the mobile app or the web app.
How To Create A Yellow Card Account Using the Mobile App
- Download the Yellow Card app from the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store
- Tap on Get Started
- Enter your phone number and referral code (if any) and tap Next
- Verify your phone number by entering the OTP sent to you via SMS
- Enter your email address and tap Next afterward
- Create a password using the hints given and select Done
How To Create A Yellow Card Account Using the Web App
- Visit the official Yellow Card website (YellowCard.io)
- Click on Get Started in the top right corner of the screen
- Click on the Sign Up button
- Enter your first and last name and date of birth in the provided spaces
- Enter your phone number, password, and email address in their respective spaces
- If you have a referral code, enter it, and click Sign Up
How To Buy Bitcoin in Ghana Using Mobile Money
- Open the Yellow Card mobile app or the web app
- Make sure you have enough money in your wallet
- Tap on the Bitcoin icon to begin your purchase
- Enter the amount you want to buy in Ghana Cedis (GHS), United States Dollars (USD), or Bitcoin (BTC)
- Confirm the transaction and wait for a confirmation notice
- Upon successful confirmation, your Bitcoin will be added to your account
How To Sell Bitcoin in Ghana Using Mobile Money
- Open the Yellow Card app on the mobile or on the web
- Log into your account
- Select Bitcoin and select the amount you want to sell
- Confirm your transaction and wait for confirmation
- Upon successful confirmation, your fiat balance will reflect the amount you have sold
- In case you want to withdraw it into your Mobile Money (MoMo) account, select Withdraw and the Mobile Money
- Follow the screen prompts and you will be able to withdraw your money through Mobile Money (MoMo)
Since Mobile Money is one of the biggest forms of transaction in Ghana, it is just right for users to be able to buy and sell Bitcoin with it. Yellow Card considering this has made it easier for Ghanaians to buy and sell Bitcoin using their Mobile Money wallets.
Using Yellow Card to buy and sell Bitcoin in Ghana is very simple and completely free to get started. We have shown you how you can create an account and start your cryptocurrency transactions using Yellow Card.
One thing you also need to note is that, once you refer someone to use Yellow Card, you earn a referral bonus of up to 20% of the trading fees. What this means is that every time the person(s) you invited using your unique code trade using Yellow Card, you also get something in your wallet. That’s cool right, so why don’t you get started now?
Yes. With Yellow Card, you can buy and sell Bitcoin with your Mobile Money wallet in Ghana.
Open the Yellow Card app on mobile or on the web. Log into your account. Select Bitcoin and select the amount you want to sell. Confirm your transaction and wait for confirmation. Upon successful confirmation, your fiat balance will reflect the amount you have sold.
Login to your Yellow Card account and tap Withdrawal on your dashboard. Select MoMo and select your preferred network provider. Next, input your MoMo number and the amount you want to withdraw. Tap Review & Confirm. Finally, input your transaction PIN and confirm the details.