CR2016 Vs CR2032: Which Battery Should you Use?
When it comes to choosing the right battery, it’s crucial to know what you’re looking for and which features are most important to you.
Both the CR2016 and CR2032 batteries provide an affordable option that has a lot of advantages when compared to other types of batteries available on the market today, but there are some differences between the two that you need to understand before making your purchase decision.
The key differences between these two types of batteries will be outlined in this guide, allowing you to make an informed purchasing decision that will benefit you in the long run.
The CR2016 is a 3 volt lithium coin cell battery. It’s often used in small electronics, like watches and calculators. It has a diameter of 20 mm and a height of 1.6 mm. The CR2016 has a capacity of 55 mAh and a voltage of 3 V.
CR2032 batteries are button cell batteries that are often used in small electronic devices, like watches, calculators, and keyless entry systems. CR2032 batteries are also popular in some larger devices, like TVs and computer motherboards.
CR2032 batteries have a higher capacity than CR2016 batteries, meaning they can power a device for longer. However, CR2032 batteries are also more expensive.
Advantages of CR2016 battery
- CR2016 batteries are small and lightweight, making them ideal for devices that need to be portable.
- They have a long shelf life, so you can stock up and not worry about them going bad before you need them.
- CR2016 batteries are also low-drain, meaning they don’t lose power as quickly as other types of batteries when not in use.
- They’re relatively inexpensive, so you can buy a few extras without breaking the bank.
Advantages of CR2032 battery
- CR2032 batteries are smaller in size, making them more versatile for use in a variety of devices.
- They have a longer shelf life than CR2016 batteries, so you can stock up and not worry about them going bad before you need them.
- CR2032 batteries also have a higher capacity, so they will last longer in your devices before needing to be replaced. 4. You may be able to find cheaper CR2032 batteries than the equivalent CR2016 battery pack, which makes them worth considering if you’re looking for a way to save money on replacement costs.
Disadvantages of CR2016 battery
- CR2016 batteries are not rechargeable.
- They have a shorter lifespan than other types of batteries.
- They may leak if not used correctly.
- They are more expensive than other types of batteries.
- They are not as widely available as other types of batteries.
Disadvantages of CR2032 battery
- CR2032 batteries are more expensive than CR2016 batteries.
- They also have a shorter lifespan, so you’ll have to replace them more often.
- Additionally, they don’t work as well in cold temperatures and have a higher self-discharge rate, meaning they’ll lose power even when not in use.
Differences between CR2016 battery and CR2032 battery
When it comes to button cell batteries, the two most common types are CR2016 and CR2032. So, which one should you use?
Here’s a look at the key differences between these two types of batteries so that you can make an informed decision about which ones to purchase for your device.
The first thing that people usually notice is that the CR2016 is thinner than the CR2032 and, as such, will fit in more places.
The other difference worth noting is that while both will last up to 3 years in storage, the CR2016 has a shorter shelf life of around 2 years because its power diminishes quicker over time. That said, they’re equally powerful when they’re new.
In general, CR2016s are best used in devices with low-drain circuits like watches or keyboards; whereas the CR2032 would be better suited for devices with high-drain circuits like remote controls or calculators.
CR2032 batteries are more expensive than CR2016 batteries, but they also last longer. If you need a battery that will last a long time, then a CR2032 is the better choice. However, if you don’t need the extra longevity, then a CR2016 will suffice. The above explanation might not be much but it is enough to let you know one will be best for what you want to use them for.