Facebook-owned instant messaging platform WhatsApp has finally added the Stickers feature allowing users to send different stickers while chatting just like other instant messaging apps.
In the latest update version 2.18, users can now see a new option in the emoji section of the app called Stickers. In the beginning, only one sticker pack comes pre-installed with the update.
However, the built-in sticker store gives the option to download more, the store also has the option to download stickers from the Google Play Store.
Though several third-party sticker packs are available, it still lacks some good stickers that you might want to use.
So why not create your own stickers and use it. Well, if you are looking for creating your own stickers, follow our step-by-step guide.
The latest version (2.18) or above of WhatsApp
Working internet connection
First step: Creating an image with no background
The first thing you are supposed to do is click your images with the expressions you want and convert it to PNG file format with no background.
To do that open your smartphone camera and click some images and now let’s convert them into PNG file format with no background and then will add them to WhatsApp.
So here’s how to convert your pictures into PNG with a transparent background or no background.
- Open Google Play Store and search for any background eraser app
- Now, open any image you want to convert into Sticker
- Erase the background and crop it accordingly
- Save the image in PNG format (as WhatsApp only supports PNG format for Stickers)
Note: Create at least three images as WhatsApp does not allow to add a Sticker pack with less than three images in it.
If you have completed the steps mentioned above, download another app called ‘Personal Stickers for WhatsApp’.
- Download the app and open it, you can use this link.
- The app will automatically detect all the stickers you have created
- Tap on the ‘Add’ button located beside the sticker
- Again tap on ‘Add’ option when asked
- Once done, open WhatsApp and head to the Stickers section by tapping on the Emoji icon from the left of the text box.
- Select the Stickers option and look for the stickers you have added. Tap on it to send.
At the time of writing, there are no external sticker apps that use this new feature on iOS. As soon as we know of a sticker app or one becomes available, you will be able to get them from the App Store.
If you still want to enjoy this, get an Android and have some fun.