How to download a copy of everything Facebook knows about you
It's basically the history of everything you've done on Facebook. It's also the data that Facebook can use to learn more about you. When others get unauthorized access to this data, they can learn a lot about you as well, as we learned from the Cambridge Analytica scandal that's currently unfolding.
After Cambridge Analytica released a report regarding the access of millions of Facebook user’s data, people around the world were shocked to learn how much of their information was stored on the social media network. For the lot in Ghana, it doesn’t seem to be a big issue.
However, for those who are interested and are curious, there is a way to determine how much Facebook knows about you. Users can download and archive their own data from Facebook by going to their Facebook settings.
Here are a few of the many things Facebook knows about you:
- Your basic Information like your name and phone number
- Your current and past relationships
- Things you like and those you don’t like
- What you look like, by using facial recognition algorithm
- Every photo and video you’ve uploaded to Facebook with data on when you took the photo, where you took the photo, and your IP address when you uploaded it.
- Every advert you have ever clicked on Facebook
How to download all of your Facebook Data
- Go to Facebook.com/settings on your PC or click at the top right of any Facebook page and select Settings.
- Tap “Download a copy of your Facebook data.”
- Tap “Download Archive.”
- It might take a few minutes, but Facebook will alert you when your archive is ready.
- When it is, click “Download Archive” again, and a zip file will download to your computer.
- Browse through that archive by opening each file inside the folder.
Again, what you’ll find is that this is an entire history of your life on Facebook. Need help? Leave a comment below.