How to Download Videos From Twitch
Video games are now the companion for most people at home due to the coronavirus pandemic. Unlike before where we could invite our friends over to play, due to the safety protocols, such activities are all suspended.
As a result, we either play online with our friends or take photos of us playing and send to them via email, SMS or social media chats. But what if you could live stream yourself playing your game and share it with the rest of the world?
I know the answer that you’re saying right now is yes and if so, this article is going to show you how to download videos of yourself or other gamers on the Twitch platform.
What is Twitch?
Twitch is a live video game streaming platform (app and website). With Twitch, you can watch live stream videos of persons playing video games online. You can also watch playbacks of games played by other people.
Also, you can live to stream your own video and chat with other gamers. The users can follow channels and games they want to keep track of from all over the world.
What Are The Risks Associated With Twitch and Their Risk Levels?
Due to the fact that Twitch is a free platform where people can watch you as you stream your live videos or watch others play their games, many people take advantage of it to do some “crazy” stuff. Below are some of the recorded risks and risk levels.
- Sexual – Medium
- Violence and hatred – High
- Bullying – Medium
How to Sign Up on Twitch
There are two (2) main ways of signing up on the Twitch platform. These are the signing up through the website and the mobile app.
How to Sign Up On Twitch via the Website
- Visit the Twitch tv official website
- Select the Sign Up button on the top-right portion of the page
- Fill out the Sign-Up form and choose your username, password, email or phone and your date of birth
How to Sign Up On Twitch via the Mobile App
- Download the Twitch mobile app from the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store
- Tap On the ”Sign Up” button
- Fill out the Sign-Up forms and choose your preferred username, password, email or phone and your date of birth
- Enter the 6-digit OTP (One Time Password) that will be sent via SMS or email; depending on the one you chose
How to Download Videos From Twitch
Unfortunately, there’s no way you can download other people’s videos directly from Twitch; you can only download videos you broadcasted yourself. But, fortunately, there’s a way you can download the videos from other third-party platforms.
How to Download Twitch Videos You Broadcasted
This is the only way you can download videos directly from Twitch. The steps involved are simple and they are as follows:
- Visit the official Twitch tv website
- Log into your account with your logins
- Select the “Settings” option
- Click on the “Channel & Video” link
- Find the “Channel Settings” feature
- Mark “Automatically archive my broadcasts”
- Now go back to the homepage
- Open the Video Manager option
- Click on the “Download” link under each thumbnail
How to Download Videos From Twitch via Twitch Leecher
- Install the Twitch Leecher app
- Open the tool and copy the link of the desired video into the empty Search button
- Click on “Search”
- Your selected video should appear in the tool’s interface
- Set your preferred resolution (360, 480 or 720p), file name, start and exit points for your download
- Click on “Download”
- Open the selected video in the desired folder and enjoy your video on your PC
How to Download Videos From Twitch via Clipr
- Visit the official Clipr website
- Copy the link of your preferred Twitch video and paste it into the box above and click on “Download Twitch VOD”
- Drag the slider to choose the segment you want to download
- Select the video quality you would like to download
- Click the “Download Video” button and you will receive a prompt to click and download the Twitch video
The Twitch platform has over a thousand daily videos from gamers all over the world and if you don’t find your preferred game then it’s probably not on the planet. The process of downloading a video from Twitch is very simple as you just need to copy and paste the link of your preferred video.
Notwithstanding, this article was written with the sole aim of helping you download videos from Twitch and I hope it serves its purpose.
Whichever method works best for you, please feel free to drop down your comments and suggestion in the comments section below.