eCitizen Portal Kenya: How to Get started with all Government services
eCitizen Portal has always been a pathway through which various Kenyan citizens can access government services. Since the promulgation of Kenya’s new constitution back in 2010, the Government of Kenya has always been championing the adoption of newer technologies across its organs.Thus, Kenyans are served to co-work quickly with the government without necessarily traveling for longer distances to be served by any Government offices. This article will go into thorough details to help you understand the eCitizen portal and what services you can quickly adapt from the doorway.
What is eCitizen, and its meant for who?
eCitizen portal is developed for Kenyans or anyone who can prove that they are a citizen of Kenya by birth, registration, and marriage. With that, only you can access any services from the portal, be it at the county level or National level. The platform has a clean user interface, making it easy for anyone to navigate through. To benefit from any services, you must have an active account with the portal,18 plus years of age, and most importantly, a good internet connection will also serve you well. The portal provides you with several types of registrations for Kenyan citizens, foreign residents who are also Kenyan citizens, Visa, and Business personnel.
Here is how to register with the eCitizen portal Kenya
- On your gadget, be it PC, laptop, smartphone, or tablet, open your favorite browser
- Search for www.accounts.ecitizen.go.ke/register
- Choose the option you want to register with, for example, as a Kenyan citizen
- You will be required to enter a few credentials such as your identification number, follow all the details as needed, and click on create account
- Verify your email if prompted
- Your e-Citizen account has been created, and you can apply for any service that you want
Which services can you access from the eCitizen portal?
Congratulations on taking a significant step and creating an account with the eCitizen portal. As you have noticed, the government will not charge you for creating an account, and the best thing is that you don’t need to go to a cyber café and pay for creating the account. However, the catch only comes when you must get any services from them. You will be charged a small amount in Kenyan shillings for any assistance you want, and payment may vary depending on what you wish to top access. Rember that somewhere in our second opening paragraph, we mentioned which services you can access from the portal but did not give full details. Here is how you can get your hands dirty once you need any form of assistance
National services on eCitizen Kenya
- Immigration Services for New Applications for Old Visa Applications
- Business Regustratiuon service
- Directorate of Criminal Investigations-you can apply and Pay for your Police clearance certificate in this section
- Office of the Attorney General-Handles registration of marriages and societies
- National Transport and Safety Authority(NTSA)-Handles applying for a provisional driving license, booking a driving test, getting a driving license, paying fees, and tracking your application.
- Civil Registration Department-Handles applications of Birth and Death Certificates
- Ministry of Mining Portal -For any stakeholders who wants a permit from the ministry of mining
- Office Of The Registrar Of Political Parties. It helps you to verify your membership status in a given political party
- Ministry of Lands and Physical Planning -You can search for your Title deed, land rent clearance demand notice and payments.
- Higher Education Loans Board (HELB) -For students, you can apply for HELB in this section, repay your helb loan and obtain compliance certificates and clearance certificates upon completion of loan repayment.
- The Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- National Construction Authority -You can Apply for permits and Licenses offered by National Construction Authority.
- Kenya Film Commission
- National Environment Management Authority (NEMA)
- Kenya National Qualifications Authority (KNQA) -Helps you to Apply for Recognition, Equation, and Verification of Qualifications
- National Youth Council Apply for National Youth Council
County services on eCitizen Kenya
Kenya has 47 counties in total as of 2010. If need of a service from them you can opt to visit eCitizen portal and locate your county. However, note that as of 2022, the eCitizen portal has only listed three counties out of the possible 47. They include:
- Nyeri County Government
- Mombasa County Government
- Kisumu County Government
How To Pay For E-Citizen via Mpesa Paybill number
- Open the New M-PESA app on your phone or open M-PESA STK
- Choose Lipa na M-Pesa option
- Select the Pay Bill
- Enter the business number 206206
- Choose the account number for the service you want to pay for.
- Key the amount and send
- Safaricom should send a confirmation message on your number
Kindly Note: The account number and amount to pay should be forwarded to your email when requesting for any service
The eCitizen portal serves as a gateway by which Kenyans can quickly access any services offered by the government, either at the national or county level. For any help you want, eCitizen.go.ke is the place to visit without going to the main offices in Nairobi. The process of signing up and registering is straightforward, and all the services are accessible to you at any given time. For more information or help, don’t hesitate to contact eCitizen Kenya through suppo[email protected] or +254 772 246 669 or +254 708 206 206.