This post was originally published in 2017.
February has long been considered as the month of Love, with the climax of all the so-called love activities rather conveniently in the middle of the month: February 14th – Valentine’s Day. It’s 2017, and there is no facet of our lives that technology doesn’t affect. In February, I put up a series of posts dubbed “#ValentineSpecial” with a focus on Technology and our love lives.
In more recent years, you can not speak about technology without speaking about smartphones, and with mobile applications. There is a mobile application for virtually everything nowadays. Mobile apps to pay for goods, apps for taxis, apps for designing, apps for movies and luckily for us, apps for Lovers and Couples.
Why would couples need an app when there is Whatsapp or Messenger? Well, one thing about apps for couples is that they are designed to be for just two people, yourself and your lover. They also have unique features that differentiate them from mainstream chat and messaging apps or photo sharing applications. With a busy work or school schedule, it’s mostly tiresome to make time for your significant other. Today, I look at the one very exciting app you should use with your significant other.
With over 3,500,000 downloads and a rating of 4.0 on the PlayStore, this app is actually my favourite! It is beautifully designed and encourages you and your mate to keep lasting memories. You can share text, pictures, videos, audio, doodles, beautiful stickers and “private or disappearing photos”. It’s the first app you should try if you are sceptical of relationship apps.
Features (as listed on the app’s website):
- Private timeline to build a shared history & remember all your special moments
- Real-time messaging and share videos, voice messages, and photo filters to express yourself
- Express your moods & emotions with a variety of fun sticker packs.
- Send Secrets: photos that disappear after a fixed time!
- ThumbKiss™ when you want to be close: whether next door across continents touch the same spot on your phones to make them both vibrate simultaneously
- Sketch together in real-time: draw pictures simultaneously or play games from a thousand miles away!
- Share to-do lists: real-time syncing from new date ideas to remembering milk at the store
- Broadcast your location to each other in real-time using Live Beacon, to make it easier to meet up
Get the Couple App Now: iOS (free) and Android (free)
Do you think apps, phones and the internet are killing relationships? Would you try this app with your partner?
I’ll like to hear what you think. Leave a comment below.