How to Access DVLA Online Services and List of Available Services
The Driver & Vehicle Licensing Authority (DVLA) of Ghana offers online services that can help save you time and make your life easier, including online registration renewal, online tax discs and checking if your vehicle has an MOT (Ministry of Transport) test due date.
This article will give you instructions on how to access DVLA online services and the list of available services.
The Driver and Vehicle Licensing Authority (DVLA) is a public-sector organisation under the Ministry of Transport. It was established in 1999 by an Act of Parliament (Act 569), 1999.
DVLA replaced the Vehicle Examination and Licensing Division (VELD). By the Act, DVLA is to provide a regulated framework for an enhanced and more effective administration of drivers and vehicles.
How to access DVLA online services
You’ll need to sign up and sign in to your dashboard to be able to access DVLA online services before you can use them. The process takes few minutes and is straightforward
How to register and access DVLA online service
- To begin the DVLA registration process visit online.dvla.gov.gh/sign_in
- Under the contact information tab, fill in the neccesary details. (Postal address, town you are in, region, email address, area you are in, street address, house number, mobile number).
- Click next and move to the next tab to fill your Account Credentials.
- Under the Account Credentials tab, fill in the necessary details. ( Username, password, repeat password.)
- On the next page is a preview of all the details you had entered in the previous pages.
How to Sign In to DVLA portal
Now, you have created an account and you want to visit your dashboard to get some services rendered. To sign in:
- Visit online.dvla.gov.gh/sign_in
- You will be signed in your DVLA portal dashboard if your login details are correct.
- You can now access all the DVLA online services.
List of available services that can be accessed on DVLA online portal
At the comfort of your zone, you can login your DVLA portal and request for a service to be rendered to you. Below are list of services rendered by DVLA Ghana.
1. Driver Licensing
- Renewal of Driving License
- Foreign License Conversion
- International Driving Permit
- Replacement of Lost License
- Replacement of Old License
- License Upgrade
- New Drivers License
- Proficiency Test
2. Vehicle Licensing
- Change of use
- Accident Procedure
- International Vehicle Permit
- Physical Conversion
- Vehicle Registration
- Road Worthiness
- Trade Plate
- Change of Ownership
- Vehicle Layoff
DVLA Contact Details
Address: 1 JAWAHARLAL NEHRU ROAD,CANTOMENT.
PHONE: (233) 030-2764529
EMAIL: [email protected]
With such a broad range of online services available through DVLA, you’ll be able to do pretty much everything you need without even leaving your home. Simply visit the site and explore the services available.