How to Access UPSA Virtual Online Learning Platform
The University of Professional Studies, Accra (UPSA) which was formerly known as the Institute of Professional Studies (IPS) is one of the biggest universities in Ghana. During the COVID-19 pandemic which led to the closure of schools and other institutions, the University of Professional Studies, Accra (UPSA) launched its virtual online learning platform.
Since all schools were shut down, UPSA which is a university had to launch an online learning platform for its students (i.e., undergraduates and postgraduates). This platform came as a good intervention because it enabled UPSA to continue its academic semester from home without any interruption from the COVID-19 pandemic.
Even after the president announced the lifting of the ban on the closure of schools, the University of Professional Studies, Accra (UPSA) have been using the virtual online learning platform to help reduce the number of students who attend lectures, i.e., whiles others are in school going for face-to-face lectures, the rest are at home doing virtual studies.
Because the University of Professional Studies, Accra (UPSA) is known for using its virtual online learning platform mostly, there’s been the need to learn how to go about accessing it. Therefore, this article is going to show you how to access the UPSA virtual online learning platform.
How To Access UPSA Virtual Online Learning Platform
- Open a browser and enter join.upsavirtual.site
- Enter your student Index Number as your Username and Google1 as password
- Once you log in, you are required to change your password
- Enter a new password (either than Google 1) to proceed
- Click on courses from the drop-down list under the Navigation button on the left side of the screen
- Click on Undergraduate Programmes or otherwiseand select the category of your program (i.e., Bachelor or Diploma) if applicable
- Select your current level (100, 200, 300, or 400) if applicable
- Click on any of the course codes to display the content under the course. E.g., ACTU 204 to open Introduction to Statistical Computing
- Next, enter the Enrolment Key already provided by the respective course instructor or lecturer to gain access to the contents and resources
- Finally, you can download or view the resources provided in the course
How To Reset Your UPSA Virtual Online Learning Platform Password
Since we are all human beings, there is a chance that you might forget your password at some point in time. When that happens, then there is the need for you to reset your password and in order to do that, follow the steps below.
- Open a browser and type join.upsavirtual.site
- Click on Forgotten username or password
- Enter your student index number or student email address in the spaces provided for username and email address respectively
- Check your student email for a password reset link from the UPSA E-learning platform. This email has the subject UPSA E-Learning Platform: Password reset request
- Read the email and follow the instructions to reset your password
Important Things to Note About the UPSA Online Virtual Learning Platform
Before you access the UPSA online virtual learning platform, there are some important things you need to note before you get started.
- Make sure you have successfully registered for all your courses for the semester. Only courses that have been successfully registered will be shown in the course lists
- Make sure to activate your UPSAmail before you use the virtual learning platform. This is because all relevant information and links will be sent to your UPSAmail
- While logging into your account, if you see Invalid login, it means either your student index number or password is incorrect. If you enter your username and password and you still get the error message, then you must change your password.
Looking at how new variants of the COVID-19 virus are being reported on a regular basis, it is evident that COVID has come to stay and so we must be ready for whatever it brings; and one of the things that it has brought is the full utilization of virtual learning platforms.
Thus, there is a need for Ghanaians and people living in the country to learn how to make the most out of virtual learning platforms. UPSA students and prospective UPSA students need to learn how to access the virtual online learning platform and this article has done due diligence.
In conclusion, aside from the course contents on the virtual learning platform, students can also access the University Library virtually by clicking on the Joshua Alabi Library Online button when they log on to the virtual online learning platform.