How to add your Ghana Card to your MTN SIM/Number online
A lot of MTN Customers have still not linked their SIM Cards with their Ghana Cards. With this tutorial, we will teach you the simplest method to add your Ghana Card details to your Voice and Data SIM as well as to your Turbonet SIM.
MTN Ghana has already warned severally that they will block all unregistered SIM Cards by the end of this month. It is therefore important that we all add the cards to our number so we can continue to stay in touch with family and friends.
First of all, you need to have a valid Ghana Card for this process to work for you. If you still have not applied or received your card, do well to follow up promptly.
Ghanaians who have never applied can pay GHS 250 at the Premium Office to have the card done for them on the same day.
The good thing about this method is that MTN Ghana has been encouraging subscribers to do it, hence we know that those who go through the method will not have their SIM Cards blocked.
How to add your Ghana Card Details to your MTN Number
Follow the steps below to link your Ghana Card and MTN SIM online:
- Visit the MTN Ghana SIM Registration Update portal – https://simregistrationportal.mtn.com.gh
- Enter your MTN Number and press proceed. Eg: 055XXXXXXX or 024XXXXXXXXX
- Wait for MTN Ghana to send you the OTP Code (For a data SIM, eg Turbonet, provide an alternative number for OTP)
- Enter the OTP Code (6 digits numeric code sent via SMS)
- Check and update your first name(s), last, and Ghana Card number in the right format
- Click next and upload the front and back of your Ghana Card
- You’ll be presented with a summary of the information provided. Click confirm.
- Success. Your information is successfully received to link your Ghana Card and MTN SIM. You will receive an SMS after validation.
Please keep in mind that the information provided on this portal will still need to be validated. It is only after that validation that your SIM will be considered “registered”.
This means that you need to use the correct details to enable the SIM to be successfully registered.
If you have any issues with this process, feel free to contact MTN Customer care on 100. We also have a list of beneficial MTN Ghana shortcodes you should definitely check out.