How to Apply for a Driver’s License in Nigeria (Offline & Online)
Nigerian Driver’s License application process is very easy and challenges will not happen if you strictly check through this article carefully.
Requirements for applying for a Driver’s License in Nigeria
- You need to put in for a driving training course at an accredited driving school by the federal road safety corps (FRSC)
- You will be required to take the driving test that will be solely supervised by a member of VIO (vehicle inspection officers)
- After the test has been passed, you will be issued the certificate of driving proficiency instantly
- Do well to fill the application form and make the payment requested.
- Once you have passed the driving test carried out by the VIO, choose either of the two methods explained below to proceed with the acquisition of the driver’s license.
The cost associated with Applying for a Driver’s License in Nigeria
The price involved in applying for a new driving license application
Following are the latest fees for new driving license applications in Nigeria.
- The Certificate of driving school: 8,000 Naira
- The Certificate of VIO driving test: 1,000 Naira
- The Certificate of eye test: 500 Naira
- The fee for the Driver’s license payment: 6,350 Naira (3 years validity) or 10,450 Naira (5 years validity)
How to apply for a Driver’s License in Nigeria Offline
- Go to any DLC (Driver’s License Centre) of your choice, possibly the one close to your residence.
- You will be required to fill the driver’s license application form at DLC (Driver’s License Centre) of your choice.
- Before giving you the Driver’s license application form to complete, the officer will ask you to present your driving school learning certificate, learner’s permit, and also your valid birth certificate.
- You will be Pay the compulsory driver’s license application fee at the approved banks or make an online payment. When going to the bank to make payment, remember to take a copy of driver’s license form with you as they will need your driver’s license application ID to process your payment.
- Starting from the next step, you will have to visit the office yourself. You aren’t permitted to send other people on your behalf to get it done for you.
- Submit all requested documents to the BIR (Board of Internal Revenue) and VIO at the DLC to get the endorsement.
- Get biometric data captured by presenting to the FRSC officer at the DLC all the documents requested.
- You will be issued a temporary license while you are waiting for the official one to be issued. This temporary version will expire immediately after 2 months.
- After 2 months of your application, you will need to go to BIR Office to pick up your official driver’s license.
How to apply for a Driver’s License in Nigeria Online
- Enter this website on your browser: https://www.nigeriadriverslicence.org/
- Click on the Driver’s License application form feature on the website.
- A drop-down list will appear Select “New Driver’s License”
- Enter the test certificate number in the field and click Validate.
- After the number has been verified. Fill out the application form required online.
- Put in for the payment of the registration fee online and print out the confirmation form that appears.
Some of the banks accepted for this payment includes; United Bank for Africa, UNION bank, First City Monument Bank and Wema bank.
A driving license application is very compulsory if you want to drive on any Nigerian roads.
No matter the complexity of the vehicle you’re riding, be it a motorcycle, car, bus, or truck, you must obey the traffic laws to get a driver’s license, serving as an identification of the acquisition of the driver’s education and quality personal identity.