How to Book Ghana Card Appointment Online to Avoid Queues
The Ghana Card, also known as biometric national ID card, was recently launched in Ghana in order to streamline government processes and provide easier access to government services for all Ghanaians.
However, because the public has to pay the cost of getting their Ghana Cards, there has been an increase in demand and long queues at card registration centers around the country.
This has led many people to wonder if there is any way they can avoid standing in line or booking an appointment online instead of standing in line at the local registration center.
About Ghana card
The Ghana Card is a national identity card issued by the National Identification Authority (NIA) of Ghana. It is used for identification, verification and authentication purposes. It also serves as a travel document within the West African sub-region.
All Ghanaian citizens aged 15 years and above are eligible for the Ghana Card. To apply for the Ghana Card, applicants are required to schedule an appointment with the NIA in order to avoid long queues, applicants are encouraged to book their appointments online.
Is Ghana card mandatory?
Yes, the Ghana card is mandatory for all Ghanaian citizens 15 years and older.
Who qualifies for a Ghana card
To be eligible for a Ghana card, you must be a citizen of Ghana and have a valid ID. You must also be at least 15 years old and have a valid email address. If you are not a citizen of Ghana, you will need to provide proof of residency. You will also need to provide a photo ID and pay the registration fee of GHS 250.
How to apply for Ghana card online
The process of applying for a Ghana card is quite simple and can be done entirely online.
- The first step is to visit the National Identification Authority (NIA) website.
- On the homepage, you will see a link that says Apply for Ghana Card. Click on this link and you will be taken to the application form.
- Fill out the form completely and then submit it. You will then be given a confirmation number.
Use this number to book an appointment at your nearest registration center.
How to book Ghana card online appointment
If you want to apply for a Ghana card, you can do so online. This process is much faster than going to a government office and will help you avoid long queues.
- To be able to book an online appointment, visit the NIA appointment portal.
- Fill in the personal details you will be required to provide.
- After you are done, select New Registration (Premium Service) which will require a fee of GHS 250.
- Make sure to tick (✔)the (Select this service) Box.
- When done, proceed to load and choose a favorable date and time for your appointment and to complete the registration.
- Once the application form has been completed, pay the fee by credit card, bank transfer or mobile money and then wait to receive an email confirming your booking.
- Go to the NIA office you chose to finish and receive your Ghana Card.
What are the benefits of Ghana card
The Ghana Card is an identification card that serves as a national identity card, electoral register, and passport. It is issued by the National Identification Authority (NIA) of Ghana. The benefits of the Ghana Card are:
- Helps prevent identity theft and fraud
- Makes it easier to open a bank account
- Allows you to apply for a job or get a driver’s license
- Serves as a proof of citizenship
- entitles you to social security benefits and other services from the government
- Provides access to health care at public hospitals in Ghana and abroad
- Boosts international trade by providing companies with verified information about their employees and customers.
And many other benefits when you have it. As a citizen, it is very much advisable to get your Ghana card asap.