How to change your Airpods name
If you’ve recently purchased a pair of AirPods, you may be wondering how to customize them to your liking. One way to personalize your AirPods is to change their name. Changing the name of your AirPods makes it easier to locate them on a list of Bluetooth devices when connecting them to another device. The process of changing your AirPods’ name is easy and simple.
Why you might want to change your airpod name
Changing the name of your AirPods can be a great way to personalize your listening experience and make them easier to find when pairing. With a few clicks, you can have your AirPods with a name that fits your personality, making it easier to identify them in crowded spaces like airports and coffee shops. Also, changing the name of your AirPods can also be useful if you are part of a family or friends that uses multiple sets of AirPods, allowing you to distinguish yours from others.
How to change your airpod name on iphone and ipad
- Take your AirPods out of their case and switch it on.
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad and select Bluetooth.
- Tap the blue “i” icon next to your AirPods name in the list of devices.
- Tap on the Name field to clear the old name and type a new name.
- Hit Done in the bottom-right corner of the the keypad once you’ve added a new name.
- Now when you search your AirPods in your list of devices, you’ll see them in your name name.
How to change your Airpod name on MacOS
- Open System Preferences on your Mac by clicking on the Apple symbol on the top left corner on your screen
- In System Preferences, click Bluetooth.
- Switch on your Airpods and connect it to your Mac.
- On the Devices section of the Bluetooth page, right-click the name of your AirPods and select Rename in the drop-down menu.
- To right-click on a Mac, hold down the Control key while you click.
- Enter a new name and click Rename again to confirm your change.
How to change your Airpod name on android devices
- Open Settings and locate Bluetooth on your device.
- Turn on your Bluetooth and wait until the paired devices list shows up.
- Press the gear icon next to your AirPods’ name.
- Tap the “Rename” option and give a new name to your buds.
- Hit Rename.
- Type in the new name and you are done.
How to change your Airpod name on Windows PC
- Open your Control Panel from the Windows menu.
- Select “Devices and Printers.”
- Find your AirPods on the list of Bluetooth devices.
- Right-click them and select “Properties.”
- Switch to the “Bluetooth” tab.
- Edit the name of your device.
- Hit “Apply,” then “OK.”
Changing the name of your airpods is a great way to customize your device and make it easier to find. You may have forgotten what you originally named them, or you may want to give them a fun new name. Follow the steps above and make it easy.