How to Detect fake Snapchat Accounts & Reasons for Location Not Available
Snapchat has become one of the most popular social media platforms in the world, and there are plenty of people looking to take advantage of that fact.
In an effort to gain access to users’ contact lists and expand their social media presence, many scammers have been creating fake Snapchat accounts on the platform, often pretending to be celebrities, models, and other public figures, who often have legitimate accounts with large followings.
If you’re using Snapchat to keep in touch with friends or family, keep reading below to learn how to spot a fake account on Snapchat before it’s too late.
Snapchat is a mobile application that allows you to send photos or videos from your phone and make them disappear after viewing them. While the self-destructing feature is one of the most compelling features of this social media app, it’s also making it hard for people to tell what’s real and what’s fake.
What is a fake snachat account
To know if you have come across a fake account, these things might be in the picture
- The content that is being posted from the account doesn’t reflect their real-life behavior, beliefs, and attitudes.
- The profile has very little if any, engagement.
The above mention does not necessarily mean all account of such is fake but the possibility is high and does raise some red flags.
What is a real snapchat account
A real snapchat account starts with a username, the users name, and an underscore. Users can add photos and videos from their camera roll to their profile and take a photo or video from within the app.
A real snapchat account also has its location set on the app. When you open your snapchat you should see which country you are in on top of your screen as well as what time it is there (as long as you have enabled that setting).
Differences between a real snapchat account and a fake snapchat account
A fake account will never have a blue or yellow snap chat ghost next to their username on the app’s screen.
The real account owner always has a snapchat ghost next to their username when they take a picture and send it as an update.
This can be used as an easy way of determining if an account is real or not.
How to detect a fake snapchat account
- First, look at your contact list and see if there are any numbers that don’t appear in other areas of your phone’s contacts.
- Take a screenshot of the profile picture you’re trying to identify and use an app like PhotoScan or Pixlromatic. They can often give you clues about whether the account is real or not because they usually have higher-quality images.
- Check the account snap score. Fake accounts have less activities doing and will not conjure a high snapscore.
- Check their snapstories. A fake account can have a too good snap stories or too bad ones. However you detect from that depends on your sharp abilities.
- Check account followers. Go through the account followers and see how active their followers are. Fake accounts can also have bots followers to skyrocket their total followers. So going through the account followers to know if they are not bots can also be helpful.
How to know who is behind a fake snapchat account
You can immediately find out who is behind an account by utilizing the Snapchat username lookup feature. The lookup feature is a search engine system built to help detect fake accounts.
Through these search engine systems, you can easily find out someone’s name, location, phone number, and email address. This information will reveal to you whether an account is real or fake.
How to detect snaps location not available
Snapchat is a photo-sharing app that lets you send photos and videos to your friends. When you get a snap from a friend, the sender can include their location so that you know where they took the photo or video.
In some cases, hackers may be able to access these accounts and send snaps with bogus locations, which could lure people into visiting dangerous places.
If the user has their locations on, its easy to detect their locations just by looking through their profile. However, fake accounts can also hack and show locations so the best option to stay safe is to know the user of the account before any conversation.
Reasons why your friend may have disappeared from snapchat map
If you’re wondering why your friend may have disappeared from the map, then it’s probably because:
- They Switched their location settings off in the app. The first time someone switches this on, they will see a popup explaining how to switch back if they change their mind.
- They are in Ghost Mode (turning this on will make them invisible and untraceable by tapping followers and viewing past activity)
- They have deleted their account.
- They have lost access to the phone or deleted all photos/videos
- They have left the social media platform
- They have blocked you.
Snapchat has a serious issue with fake accounts and snaps that do not exist. It is important for teens to look at the username, which can be found in the top left corner of the phone. If it does not have their friend’s name or their classmate’s in it, it is likely a fake account.
The snap chat location that pops up in their left upper hand corner also needs to match the username; if there are any discrepancies this should be deemed as a fake account too.