How to Find an Item You Lost in an Uber, Bolt or Yango
It can be extremely frustrating to lose an item in an Uber, Bolt or Yango car, whether it’s your wallet, phone or any other valuable item. Some drivers don’t have the same standards of service as traditional taxi services, and there’s no way to know exactly where they’re going when you get in the car.
Fortunately, there are many ways to find your missing item even if the driver says they don’t have it or the police refuse to help you.
In this article we will show you the steps you need to take to find your lost items.
How to recover a lost item from a Bolt ride
It’s always a bummer when you realize you’ve left something behind in an Uber, Bolt or Yango. But don’t worry, there are a few things you can do to try and recover your lost item.
1. Contact Bolt driver
When drop off, you gave a 24 hours open window on the app in which you can contact the driver. Thus, use that to get to the driver who picked you up.
Its best to talk in a nice questionable tone rather than provocative in order to make it easier for both parties. Seeking to recover your lost item in a provocative tone my anger the driver and will not help you recover your lost item.
To find your driver’s details after a trip,
- On the app, locate the Main menu.
- Tap on Ride history;
- Choose the ride that you lost the item in.
- Tap the Call button.
2. Contact Bolt support team
If it gets difficult getting to the driver or you found out your item is lost after 24 hours, the next best option is to contact bolt support team through the app.
- Now, visit the app and locate the contact support team tab.
- Click on it and lodge in your complain by providing the drivers details and also describe your lost item.
You can also decide to contact the support team via their email address at [email protected]. Go straight to the point and give a clear explanation when contacting them via email.
In your message, include your rider details (registration phone number and email) as well as any details that you might remember from the trip.
3. Visit any walk-in centre
You can also visit bolt walk-in centres which are open every Monday to Friday between 9am and 3 pm.
How to recover a lost item from an Uber ride
1. Contact Uber driver
Calling your driver to connect is the best way to retrieve an item you may have left in an Uber vehicle. Also, note that, if you get through with the driver, talk politely and not rashly since that will not help in retrieving your lost items.
To contact your driver using the Uber app,
- Log into your Uber app.
- Tap on the Menu (☰) at the top left corner of the app.
- Tap on ‘Your Trips’
- Select the trip on which you lost your item.
- Scroll down and select ‘I lost an item’
- Tap on ‘Contact my driver about a lost item’
- Scroll down and enter your contact number
- Click on Submit & you will get a callback from the driver in a few seconds.
2. Contact Uber support team
If you are unable to connect with your driver after several attempts,
- On the app, tap on ‘I couldn’t reach my driver about a lost item’.
- Provide the required details and the Uber support team will get back to you within 24 hours.
How to recover a lost item from a Yango ride
1. Contact Yango driver
If less than 24 hours has passed after boarding the Yango ride, contact the driver with the steps below.
- Visit the app and go through your history and call the driver.
- You can find the call button in the History section. It is enabled for 24 hours after your ride.
2. Contact Yango support team
If it has been more than 24 hours you found out your item is lost or you were unable to contact the driver,
- Lodge a complain to the support center on the app.
- Describe the item you left in the car whiles making the complain and they will get back to you in a short time.
You can also click here to lodge your complaint.