How To Hide All Your Past Facebook Posts From The Public
Facebook is undoubtedly one of the biggest websites on the internet today and by far the largest social media platform with billions of monthly users.
Posts and engagements are some of the things that make Facebook an exciting social media platform for users.
For many, Facebook is a platform for business, connecting with friends and family as well as making new friends and having fun.
However, sometimes, people are caught in a situation where they have to do away with some of their past posts on Facebook.
The immediate method people assume for handling such situations is the total removal or deletion of the said post.
Yet, there is another method which allows you to still keep a copy of the post while hiding it from other people.
So, in this article, I shall introduce you to how to hide your Facebook posts from the public.
But, before we dive into the steps, let’s look at some reasons why someone may want to hide their Facebook posts from the public.
Reasons Why People Hide Their Facebook Posts from Public
As days go by, we look back at some things and grim, knowing that we could have done them better perhaps.
One of such moments may make you want to hide some of your past Facebook posts from the general public.
So here is a list of reasons why you may want to hide your posts from the public on Facebook:
- Poorly taken photos from years back which do not befit your current status.
- Posts from the past which are the exact opposite of the image you have built for yourself on social media today.
- Posts that do not frame you in good light, considering the new projects you wish to undertake.
- Posts or images that are likely to be used against you in your future career especially for people seeking entry into public offices.
- Denigrating comments about people which you’ve realized later.
- Posts or photos that you want to keep to yourself only but you want to keep on Facebook’s servers.
Steps for Hiding Your Facebook Posts from the Public
To hide your posts from the public, you must be sure to log in to your Facebook account first. Either on a mobile device or a PC.
Then, you can follow the steps below:
- Go to your profile or timeline.
- Look through your timeline to see the post you wish to hide.
- Click on the tiny globe right beside the post date.
- You’ll see a drop-down list. Starting from Public down to only me.
- Select ‘Only Me’.
Your post would automatically be hidden from all your contacts and Facebook users once you change the settings to ‘Only Me’.
As we grow, we realize that some things we’ve done in the past may not be entirely right and may not befit our current beliefs and status. Unfortunately, as the adage goes, ‘Internet doesn’t forget’. So when you put up a post on Facebook, it stays on there until you cause a change to it.
Posts made in the past shouldn’t affect what we do tomorrow. At least, not after we have realized that those posts are mistakes.
This is the main reason why Facebook has an option for you to hide your posts from the public. I hope this article helped guide you to change the privacy settings of your posts on the platform.
If you loved the contents of this article, kindly share with your friends and contacts.
Kindly leave your comments, reservations and questions in the comment box below.