How to link your SSNIT Number to your NIA (Ghana Card) Number
The Social Security and National Insurance Trust (SSNIT) is merging the social security numbers of members with their NIA (Ghana Card) numbers.
The new NIA Numbers (Ghana Card Numbers) will replace the unique scheme identification numbers that SSNIT is currently using.
The merger is in compliance with Regulation 7 (1) of the National Identity Register Regulations, 2012, LI 2111, and a directive from the National Pensions Regulatory Authority (NPRA).
Also, starting next month, new subscribers to the national pension scheme (SSNIT) would be required to have Ghana cards before they would be taken on board.
There are three ways you can do the merger. These are:
- By walking into any SSNIT office near you
- By using the shortcode – *711*9#
- by using the SSNIT website
Why you should merge/link your SSNIT and NIA (Ghana Card) Numbers
- You only have to carry your Ghana Card for all transactions
- Easy identification of nominated dependants
- You save money because you don’t need to pay for a SSNIT card
- It’s a legal requirement
What you need to merge your SSNIT and Ghana Card Numbers
To link your SSNIT and Ghana Card Number, you need to have the following:
- Your NIA number
- SSNIT number
- Mobile phone number
- Active email address
How to find your NIA/Ghana Card Number
To find your NIA or Ghana Card number, all you need is your Ghana Card. Once you have the Ghana Card, look at the section that says “Personal ID Number”. You will find an alphanumeric code in the format “GNXXXXXXXXXX”.
The alphanumeric code is your NIA Number or your Ghana Card number. It is this code that you will use to merge your SSNIT and NIA Numbers.
How to merge your SSNIT and Ghana Card on your Phone
- Dial *711*9# on your mobile phone
- Select option 1
- Enter your SSNIT Number
- Enter your email address (if the phone number you are using is different from your phone number registered in our database)
- Enter the Personal ID Number on your Ghana Card
- Select option 1 to complete the merging of your SSNIT and the NIA numbers (Personal ID Number on your Ghana Card)
- Wait for the confirmation message
How to merge your SSNIT and NIA (Ghana Card) Number online
Follow these steps to merge your SSNIT and NIA Number very fast:
- Visit the official SSNIT Members Website – https://www.ssnit.org.gh/member/
- Log in with your current SSNIT number and Password
- Request for a new Password here if you don’t have one and use it to login
- At the top bar, click on the “Merge My NIA” button
- Read the terms and conditions and check the box to continue
- Enter your NIA Number to continue
- Confirm your email and phone number
- Click submit to successfully link your SSNIT Number and NIA Number.