How to Login to the NSS Portal in Ghana
Not everyone knows what the National Service Scheme (NSS) Portal in Ghana is, much less how to login to it. This guide explains what the NSS Portal in Ghana is, what you can do when you’re logged in, and how you can use it to look up information concerning the national service scheme
About NSS Ghana
The National Service Scheme (NSS) is a voluntary, non-military national service program that provides work experience and training for citizens of Ghana.
The program was established by the government of Ghana on October 1, 2009 and it aims at providing opportunities for secondary school leavers who are unemployed or underemployed as well as graduates from tertiary institutions.
What is NSS Portal in Ghana
NSS portal is a login portal for National Service Scheme (NSS) personnels and other stakeholders used to access vital information concerning the scheme. The portal can be accessed using the personnels credentials such as email/username and password.
This guide are for starters whp are setting up their NSS login portal and also for personnel who are already having their portal but have forgotten the login process.
How to retrieve your pin code via NSS dashboard
As a registered personnel, you will be provided with a PIN CODE for first time login. You need to activate that PIN CODE in order to get your portal activated. The popular payment method is Mobile Money.
To check your PIN CODE,
- Login to your NSS portal with your email and NSS number as password.
- Click on the dashboard menu “Check & Pay For PIN CODE“
- Enter your Index No. or your School ID No.
- Click search
- A display of your PIN CODE and personal data will appear.
How to check and activate your NSS PIN Code before registration
Now that you have checked your PIN CODE, you need to activate it in order to be able to use your NSS dashboard.
- Visit the link portal.nss.gov.gh/check-pin
on the NSS portal and insert your Index Number/student ID number and Date of Birth in the space provided and “SEARCH”.
- A pop up menu of your pin code, full name, Institution, Course of study, and year of enrollment will be provided. Kindly copy the pin code.
- The next thing is to use your pin code as a reference in payment for its activation.
How to activate PIN with MTN Mobile Money
- Kindly dial *170#,
- Choose option 2 for “PAY BILL”,
- Choose General Payments (Option 6),
- Enter Payment code as – NSS PINCODE (type NSS, put a space, then type your PIN CODE). The menu will return to your name for confirmation.
- Enter the deposit amount.
- Enter “NSS” as the reference.
- Enter PIN to confirm payment.
- You will receive a message to confirm the transaction, then you can proceed to NSS Registration.
How to login to NSS portal in Ghana
Now that your PIN CODE has been activated, you can now login to your NSS dashboard using your PIN CODE as password and then change it to your preference. To do so,
- Visit portal.nss.gov.gh
- Go to the top green icon and click “Sign In“
- Select the option “Sign In As Personnel“
- On the login page, enter your username (the email you used during registration)
- Enter your PIN CODE as your password
- Click on the green “Log In” button to access your dashboard.
- On your dashboard, you can then go to your dashboard settings to change your password and use what you will remember.
How to reset your NSS portal password
Resetting your password means you have forgotten the current password or you just want to change it to one you can easily remember. To change your portal password,
- On your NSS dashboard, click on “Reset Password” on your left-hand side on the screen
- Enter your old password
- Enter new password
- Re-enter your new password
- Click on “Update Password”.
Features of Nss dashboard
The NSS dashboard has many features that can be used to do several things on your service journey.
- Replace lost ID.
- Check NSS Posting.
- Print NSS posting letter.
- Update registration form.
- Request for NSS certificate.
- View Online Registration Form.
- Print NSS Monthly Evaluation Form.
- Request changes in name and other details.
- Place Order for Items (NSS Life Starter Deals.)
- Regional Registration Verification Appointment.
How to check NSS posting in your NSS portal
- Click this link: portal.nss.gov.gh/check-posting.
- Enter your User ID and Password.
- You will see a page showing where you have been posted to.
- If you want to print, click on “print” to print the page.
How to register for NSS in Ghana?
To register for NSS, download the NSS application form by logging into NSS dashboard. You can also visit any NSS secretariat nearby for an insightful guide.
What are the benefits of NSS
- NSS helps you to grow individually and also as a group.
- It makes you confident, develops leadership skills, and gains knowledge about different people from different walks of life in Ghana and other parts of the world.
- You also learn other skills that help you lead a better life in various situations.
How to NSS monthly evaluation form?
The evaluation form is what NSS secretariat use to access your NSS allowance. Its necessary to print it out, fill it and submit it to any nearby NSS secretariat for processing. To print it out,
- Login to your NSS dashboard.
- On the front page of your dashboard, the evaluation form can be seen.
- Click on it to access it.
- A PDF copy of the form will be displayed.
- Click and download the file on your computer.
- Print the downloaded evaluation form and have yourself a hard copy.
It is very easy and simple to login into the NSS portal for Ghana. Just go on their website and click on Login. You will be able to see a box that requires your username and password. Enter your personal details and you will be granted access.