How To Pay Your Ghana Water Bill Using Mobile Money
Mobile Money platforms have become one of the most accessible financial systems in Ghana since its launch some ten years ago.
Aside from sending money and receiving money from friends and family, the mobile money platform is mainly used for settling bills.
Water bills are one of those bills that people tend to pay for using the mobile money platform.
In times like this when the world is moving to online platforms and payments, it is important for people to identify how to capitalise on already existing online systems so as to reduce physical contacts with others.
In this article, we shall look at how to pay your water bill using the various mobile money platforms.
How To Pay Your Water Bill Using MTN Mobile Money
To pay your water bill with your MTN Mobile Money, you may either use the shortcode system or the MTN Ghana App.
Follow the steps below to pay your water bill using the MTN Mobile money platform.
- Dial *170#
- Select option 2 for Momo Pay and Bills.
- Select option 2 for Pay Bill
- Select Option 1 for Utilities.
- Select option 2 for Ghana Water.
- Enter your Account Number (Your Meter Number).
- Enter the amount you are paying.
- Enter your mobile money pin code.
Your payment should go through after the final step.
How To Pay Your Water Bill Using Vodafone Cash
Vodafone cash is the second biggest mobile money platform in Ghana. Most people who are not on the MTN Mobile Money platform are usually on the Vodafone Cash platform.
To make payment for your water bill using the Vodafone Cash platform, follow these steps.
- Dial *110#
- Select option 4 for ‘Make Payment’
- Select option 1 for Bill Payment
- Choose option 3 for utilities.
- Select option 1 for Ghana Water.
- Enter your Account Number or Meter Number
- Enter the amount you wish to pay.
- Enter your Vodafone cash PIN Code.
How To Pay Your Water Bill Using AirtelTigo Cash
Of all the various Mobile Money platforms, AirtelTigo has the simplest methods of paying your water bill. Check it out below:
- Dial *500#
- Select Option 3 for Pay Bills.
- Select ‘Ghana Water’
- Enter your amount.
- Enter your AirtelTigo cash PIN code.
Paying your bills with mobile money does not only provide convenience but also, it reduces the risks of physical contacts which is a threat to health and well-being in these times of COVID-19.
Depending on the mobile money platform available to you, kindly follow the steps listed in this article in order to make payments for your water bill.
Kindly note that these steps are the reviewed steps as most of the mobile money platforms have updated their systems.
If you have any enquiries or comments regarding this article, do not hesitate to leave us a comment.