How To Renew Your Drivers Licence Online In Ghana
On November 7, 2017, Ghana became the first west African country to begin issuing smart drivers licence throughout its country.
Cost Of Renewing Your Drivers License In Ghana
Renewing of License 1 costs GHS 45.00 whiles renewing of License 2 costs GHS 105.00
Types Of Driving License in Ghana
Ghana has 6 types of driving license and they are :
A – License A is for those who drive Motorcycles.
B – Is for those who can drive minibuses, pick up vehicles across the country and they must contain 1-15 passengers.
C – Is for drivers who can drive buses and moderate goods. Must contain 1-45 passengers.
D – Drives coaches and heavy vehicles, buses and must contain 1-65 passengers.
E – License E is for those who can drive industrial equipment like harvesters, bulldozers, forklifts and many more.
F – Drivers who are eligible for licence F are those who can drive heavy carrying vehicles like articulators and many more.
To be eligible in applying for driving licence in Ghana:
- One must be above 18 years.
- Must have basic education (BECE), adult education or must be able to read and write.
- You must go through a 48-hour training with a DVLA authorized driving school before you will be eligible to get a driving license.
After going through the needed procedures you are going to have your driving licence processed in two weeks time.
When you finally get your driving license it becomes valid for two years starting from the date issued.
So after two years, you will have to renew your driving license, do you know you can renew your driver’s license online without the need to visit any Driver and vehicle licensing authority (DVLA) office?
In this article, I am going to take you through how to renew your driver’s licence online in Ghana.
How to Renew Your Driver’s License Online in Ghana through the DVLA Website
- Visit dvla.gov.gh
- Select “Driving Licence” and select Renewal of Driver’s License.
- you will be briefed on the requirements and the procedure, now press on “APPLY ONLINE!”
- You will then be redirected to the sign-in page, sign in or if it’s your first time sign up for free when done.
- Now proceed with your renewing of licence by following the steps given by the website and providing the details correctly.
What Is The Benefits In Renewing Your Driver’s License Online?
- Renewing your driver’s license online saves you more time as you get to get your driver’s license renewed sitting at the comfort of your home.
- It saves you from losing money by paying middlemen also refereed as “Goro boys” to do the process for you.
Kindly note that before starting renewing your license online, you will need to have with you these documents to submit in the process:
- Applicant must be present
- Expired License
- One coloured passport-sized photograph
Now the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Authority has made it easy for drivers to renew their driver’s license online without the need to waste much time in visiting their various office.