How to retrieve your lost WASSCE or BECE Certificate Online
Every Ghanaian that went through the Basic and Secondary school system here in Ghana has written the BECE and WASSCE (or SSCE) respectively. These examinations are what determines where next in the education ladder an individual would climb to.
However, as it is with most documents, certificates from WAEC covering these examinations might get missing. Some people even never had the chance to receive their certificates from their schools.
It must be very disturbing when you want to apply for a job or to further your education only to realise you can’t because you lost your BECE or WASSCE Certificate or you don’t have it at all.
Take for instance the issue of Rakiya, a 21-year-old Ghanaian who needed her BECE Certificate to add to documentation to aid her travel outside the country. She travelled from Accra to the Ahafo region of Ghana only to realise that the school she attended in 2009 had collapsed, and hence there was no way to get her certificate.
Well, there is a way for everyone who wrote the BECE, WASSCE or SSCE to retrieve their certificates online via a means referred to as the attestation of results.
This attestation of results, according to WAEC, is to replace damaged or missing certificates and can be used as a substitute. Let’s walk you through the process.
Collection Centres for replacement of Missing/Damaged WASSCE, SSCE & BECE Results and Certificates
When you are filling the form to replace your certificate, you have to choose a physical location to receive the result when it is ready. Here is the approved list of WAEC offices to receive a new certificate according:
- Accra (Head Office)
- Bolgatanga, Branch Office
- Cape Coast, Branch Office
- Ho, Branch Office
- Koforidua, Branch Office
- Kumasi, Branch Office
- Sekondi, Branch Office
- Sunyani, Branch Office
- Tamale, Branch Office
- Wa, Branch Office
Steps to retrieve your Lost WASSCE, SSCE & BECE Certificate or Results
If you damaged or misplaced your WASSCE, SSCE or BECE results, follow the instructions below to retrieve them:
- Visit the WAEC Online Attestation of Results online request form at https://resultattestation.waecgh.org/form.aspx
- On that page, fill in your details and address
- Next upload a passport photo of yourself
- Then, enter the examination details for which you need the attestation of results (Index Number, Collection Centre, Examination Type and Examination Year)
- Next, upload a valid photo ID (about 50KB)
- Click on “Submit and Proceed to Payment”
- On the next screen, you will be asked to pay through Visa, MasterCard or AirtelTigo Money. Make your payment of GHS 350.00
- Click on Submit after payment
- You will be given a date to collect your new BECE/WASSCE/SSCE Certificate from your chosen Collection Centre.
The West African Examinations Council (WAEC) has made it possible to retrieve certificates and results. All you need to do is remember your particulars and then you would be able to retrieve either your SSCE, WASSCE or BECE Results.