Once upon a time, we either become so generous so as to want to share our airtime with other friends.
At other times, we may have won the heart of someone who might have sent us some volume of airtime.
The problem, however, lies in how to send airtime from our phones to that other number directly without the use of mobile money.
Well, that shouldn’t be a problem anymore. This article has a solution to that problem.
Just like the numerous MTN Shortcodes that are available for different services, we will guide you on the shortcode to send credit on MTN and the whole process.
With MTN Me2U service in Ghana, sending airtime to your family and friends directly from your phone has just been made a lot easier.
First, you need to register for the MTN Me2U service:
How to Register For The MTN Me2U Service
To be able to send airtime to anyone, using the Me2U service, you’ll need to register first. Follow these steps to register for MTN Me2U:
- Dial *198#
- Enter ‘1’ to activate
- Enter a new 4-digits pin
- Re-enter the 4-digits pin
- You’ll get feedback indicating that you’ve successfully registered for the service
How to Transfer MTN Credit from MTN to MTN in Ghana
After successfully registering for the MTN Me2U service, you can now transfer airtime to any number at all.
Here is how to transfer airtime or send credit on MTN Ghana:
- Dial *198# again
- Select ‘2’ to transfer
- Enter the receiver’s number (The phone number of the one you’re sending to) and press enter.
- Enter the whole amount you wish to send to the person. (If you wish to send 15.50 cedis, only type 15 here).
- Enter the decimal value of the airtime you wish to send to the person. (As explained I’m the previous step, type the decimal value without the dot. I.e (50). If you write it with the dot, you’ll get an error notice).
- Enter your Me2U pin code.
- Press 1 to confirm the transaction.
- You should receive a message indicating the success of the transaction.
This service can only be used to share airtime from MTN number to MTN number and cannot be used to transfer airtime to any other network. Also, this service cannot be used to share data.
This is definitely one of the kindest services MTN Ghana has provided for its customers and we should all be appreciative of this. We hope this article helps you resolve your challenge of sharing airtime with friends and family. Do not forget to share your thoughts.