How to Solve a Pink Screen on a Computer
Similar to the blue screen, Windows users may also experience the irksome pink screen problem. If you own a laptop, you have probably seen one of these screen issues over time. A less common but less well-known problem is a pinking laptop screen.
There are typically ways to remedy a pink screen on a laptop, which can occur for a variety of reasons. This might happen in a number of ways, including problems with your connection cord or your GPU.
Why is the display on my PC going pink?
The dreaded Pink Screen of Death on a Windows PC can be caused by both hardware and software issues.
Loose or damaged connections between the motherboard and the display are the most frequent hardware issue.
Another hardware-related problem is high GPU temperatures, which can occur for a number of reasons, such as dust buildup and overclocking.
Software issues can be caused by outdated or faulty drivers, malware infection, programs that conflict with one another, problematic games, and wrong display settings.
How many error screens are there?
The blue screen of death is the most prevalent of them all. Here are a few more you ought to be aware of:
- The “pink death screen”
- Death-screen Obscura
- The death screen in orange
- The death screen in purple
- The death screen in red
- Death screen in white
- Yellow death screen
An easy workaround for a Pink Screen
Most of the time, your problem will have a pretty straightforward solution. So, check over this list of repairs and see if any of them could apply to you before you go out and spend money hiring an expert to help you.
- Upgrade your drivers
- Restart your laptop or desktop
- Stop using hardware acceleration
- Cross-check each wire.
- True Color from Dell (Dell Users)
- Test the Night Light option.
How to properly fix the pink screen error
Drivers update (Graphics)
Most Pink Screen of Death problems is caused by outdated or incorrect graphics drivers. Update your graphics driver to attempt to solve this issue.
You may update the driver by using the following methods.
- To access the menu list, first hit Windows + X on your keyboard.
- From the menu, choose Device Manager.
- To access the list of graphics cards, double-click on Display Adapters.
- Next, choose Update Driver Software by performing a right-click on the graphics card. It will query How would you want to find driver software?
- Select the option to Browse my computer for driver software if you want your graphics card to update automatically rather than automatically searching for updated drivers.
- Finally, adhere to the directions on the screen to install the latest driver.
Use an outdated graphics card driver.
The Pink Screen Error warning that appears on your Windows screen might be caused if you are already running the most recent Nvidia driver.
The previous graphics card driver may be downloaded from the manufacturer’s website after you delete the current ones from Device Manager. Check to see whether the problem is repaired after installing outdated drivers on your PC.
Uninstall recent software from the computer
Your system may not be compatible with or damaged by the software you installed. As a result, remove the software or application if you discover that it caused the Pink Screen of Death.
To remove an application from your computer, adhere to the procedures below:
- Initially, start your PC’s Control Panel.
- Select Programs and Features by pressing the button.
- Look for the application you just installed on your computer, then right-click it.
- Next, choose the Uninstall option.
- Even after removing any software or application, the system may still have some leftover or undesirable files that might lead to the Pink Screen of Death problem reappearing.
- Therefore, confirm that you have entirely eliminated from your system any files associated with that particular program.
Monitor GPU temperature
Because it lowers video card performance, GPU overheating can also result in Pink Screen of Death issues. As a result, you should frequently check the temperature.
The majority of people overclock the components to gain the maximum performance, although doing so might harm the graphics card. Disable overclocking if you see an abnormally high or growing GPU temperature.
To delete overclocking settings, follow these steps:
- First access Settings on your computer.
- Hit the Update and Security setting button.
- Choose Recovery from the menu on your screen’s left sidebar.
- Click the Restart now option under the Advanced Startup section.
- Then pick the Advanced option under Troubleshoot.
- Select UEFI Firmware Setting by clicking it.
- Click Restart. BIOS will then launch automatically.
- Go to the Performance section after selecting the Advance option.
- If the Overclocking option in this section is active, turn it off.
- Next, save your modifications and restart your computer as usual.
Remove any external devices.
The Pink Screen of Death issue can be brought on by external peripherals such as a printer, webcam, speakers, flash drive, microphone, media card readers, or external hard drive attached to your computer.
Therefore, turn off your computer and disconnect it from any external devices other from your display, keyboard, and mouse. Start your computer after that to see if the pink screen issue has been fixed.
You may have an issue with your Windows screen if none of the aforementioned fixes for this screen error problem work for you. So, try calling a repair shop or changing the screen.
What is the most recommended solution to fix the pink screen?
It is recommended to use the PC Repair Tool if the pink screen of death problem or other symptoms persists on your Windows 10 computer.
This is a sophisticated repair application that, with a single scan, can identify and resolve a wide range of Windows issues and tenacious computer difficulties.
You can accomplish a lot of things with this, such correct different update issues, fixing damaged Windows system files, addressing DLL faults, and registry mistakes, and preventing virus and malware infection.
In order to improve gaming performance, this corrects faults and makes your Windows PC run like new.
This article is all about the Pink Screen error problem that appears on Windows screens.
Well, the pink screen problem is actually rather annoying, so to solve it, try each of the solutions provided one at a time until you discover one that works for you.
It’s likely that you can use one of our techniques to get beyond Windows 10’s pink screen of death.