How to turn off PS4
Playing video games on a Playstation 4 can be a great way to pass the time, but you might not know how to turn the console off properly when you’re done. Turning off your PS4 in an odd way ca cause damages and that is why it is good to know how to turn off your PS4 properly. Turning off your PS4 is relatively simple, and it only takes a few steps.
How to turn off PS4 using quick menu on your controller
Your controller can make turning off your PS4 easier. Imagine sleeping on your bed feeling lazy and you have to get up to off your PS4. But with your controller with you on the bed, you can go ahead to turn off your PS4. The quick menu is one of the menus on your PS4 and there’s an option that allows you to switch off your phone. To do so,
- Press and hold down the PS button on your controller.
- Select Power from the Quick Menu that appears on your screen.
- On the right, select the Turn Off PS4 option to turn your console off.
- Make sure not to unplug the power cord until your PS4 has fully turned off. If you do unplug it, you risk the chance of corrupting the data on your console.
How to turn off PS4 using the Power menu on your controller
The Power menu is also an option you can use to turn of your PS4. It can be controlled using the controller. It is mostly located at the top of your PS4.
- Highlight the Power menu at the top and select it.
- Select Power Options on the following screen.
- Select Turn Off PS4 to turn the console off.
How to turn a PS4 Off without a controller
The controller is not the only way to turn off your PS4. Without your controller, you can still turn off your PS4. On your PS4 console, there is a power button that can be used to switch it off and turn it on. The power button on the original PS4 will be at the center on the front of the console. On the PS4 Pro, you’ll find it on the bottom left side. On the PS4 Slim, you’ll see it near the left side next to the disc eject button.
- Find the Power button on the front of your PS4.
- Press and hold down the Power button for about seven seconds.
- Release the button when you hear the beep sound twice.
- Your PS4 will turn off.
- Make sure to remove your hand only after hearing the second beep. If not, your phone will enter rest mode instead of switching off.
How to put your PS4 in rest mode
Rest mode is a mode on your PS4 that uses significantly less energy than normal mode and allows certain activities to continue in the background. When your PS4 is in this mode it can continue tasks, like downloading games or software updates.
In rest mode, your console uses less energy compared to when it is completely on. Also, rest mode allow some activities to continue running at the background. Activities such as when you are downloading a game or updating a software. To put your console on rest mode,
- Open the Power menu.
- Glance through the options and select Enter Rest Mode.
- Your PS4 will go into rest mode.
- To come out of the mode, press the PS button on your controller or use the Power button on your console.
NB: In all the switching off process, allow the console to completely switch off before trying to remove the power plug. That is to safeguard the console as well as your data. Removing power before completely switching off can damage your data or even the console itself.
Turning off your PlayStation 4 is easy and should only take a few seconds. Make sure you save your progress before shutting down your console, and that you turn it off correctly. By following the steps above, you will be able to quickly and easily power off your.