How to turn off WiFi calling
For many people, WiFi calling is a great convenience that allows them to make phone calls and texts over a wireless internet connection instead of a traditional phone line. However, some people may want to turn off their WiFi calling for various reasons. In this article, we will provide a step-by-step guide on how to turn off WiFi calling on both Android and iOS devices.
What is WiFi calling
Wi-Fi Calling is a feature on many modern smartphones that allows you to make and receive calls over Wi-Fi networks instead of using traditional cellular networks. This can be especially helpful if you live in an area with poor cell coverage or have a weak cellular signal. However, some people may not want to use this feature, so it’s important to know how to turn it off.
How to disable WiFi calling on iPhone and iPad
- Open your iPhone and then go to settings options from the Menu bar.
- Scroll down and click Cellular
- Look for the Wi Fi Calling Feature.
- You can either see this option from the Calls menu bar under Settings
- Click on the Green button and let it to off to make it disable for Wi Fi Calling
- If it does not show green bar next to it, then it means it is already off.
- That’s it, the Wi Fi calling on your iOS device now disabled.
How to disable WiFi calling on Android devices
- Click on the Setting icon from Menu
- Now click on Network and then click on SIM card settings options.
- Once the settings open, click on the SIM card for which to disable WiFi Calling
- Now scroll down and move to the WiFi Calling option in the same settings page
- Click on to disable and then save the same with the confirm button.
- That’s it, the calling on Android devices disabled.
How to disable WiFi calling on Samsung phones
Samsung devices has different settings compared to other android devices. So, switching off wifi settings may have a different and simpler process.
- From your phone’s settings app, select Connections, which should be at the top of your settings menu.
- You should see Wi-Fi calling as an option in the following menu, with a toggle switch right next to it.
- If it’s blue, that means Wi-Fi calling is currently turned on; disabling Wi-Fi calling will turn the toggle switch gray.
- Thats it.
WiFi calling is a great way to keep in touch with your friends and family, even when you don’t have access to a reliable cellular signal. However, if you don’t need or want to use WiFi calling, it’s important to know how to disable the feature. On iPhones, you can disable WiFi calling through the Settings app. Android users will need to look in their system settings, while Samsung users should look in their connection settings. With these simple steps, you can easily turn off WiFi calling and ensure that your phone is using the best available network connection.