How to Turn on and Use Snapchat in Dark Mode
Snapchat continues to be one of the most popular social media apps available, but it doesn’t come with an obvious dark mode feature like so many other apps. However, there are some ways you can use Snapchat in dark mode that you might not have thought of before and they aren’t even hard to set up.
In this article, we’ll go over how to turn on and use Snapchat in dark mode.
How to turn on Dark Mode in Snapchat on Your iPhone
Turning on dark mode on your iPhone for your Snapchat should not be a big deal for you. With the steps below, you can easily do so and save yourself some hassle.
- Open Snapchat on your iPhone and tap the Bitmoji icon at the top-left corner to open your Snapchat profile.
- From the profile page, press the Settings gear icon at the top-right corner of the screen.
- Under “My Account” settings, tap “App Appearance” to view the option to change the theme of Snapchat.
- From the “App Appearance” settings, choose “Always dark” to enable dark mode on Snapchat from your iPhone.
How to turn on Dark Mode in Snapchat on Android
Just like the iPhone, enabling dark mode for snapchat on Android is also not difficult and if you are finding it so, the steps below will help you out.
- Open your Android phone’s Settings.
- Go to the Display & Brightness tab.
- Tap on the Dark Mode settings option.
- Click on Dark mode for third-party apps.
- Select Snapchat and tap on the turn on option on the pop-up menu.
- Dark mode is enabled on Snapchat.
Why it is important to turn on dark mode in snapchat
- Turning on dark mode on Snapchat is a good way of saving battery.
The amount and speed of how your battery drains will decrease when you turn on dark mode.
- It prevent you from straining your eyes.
Your phone when on light mode has a bright light and that makes you strain your eyes in order to be able to use it and that is not helpful.
- Its less destructive
Having a dark mode does not destruct people in public especially when you are usiyouSnapchat in public but with the light mode, the brightness of your screen makes it visible for other to turn their necks to look on your phone.