How to use Google Lens to search for your Skin Conditions
Google Lens, the image recognition technology by Google, is a tool that has been helping students solve homework problems, aiding in language translation, and now, it’s set up to help you identify skin conditions! Wondering how? Read on.
What is Google Lens?
Google Lens is an image-recognition technology developed by Google, designed to bring up relevant information using visual analysis. It is a handy tool that can be accessed via the Google app. By simply uploading a photo or taking a picture through the Lens, you can find visually similar matches to provide insight into your search.
Using Google Lens to Identify Skin Conditions
Sometimes, describing certain symptoms can be tough. Particularly, skin conditions like rashes, moles, or other anomalies are hard to explain with words. In such cases, Google Lens can be a saviour. Remember, Google Lens is not a replacement for professional medical advice, but it can certainly help you understand the severity or urgency of your situation.
Now, let’s break down how you can use this tool to search for your skin condition.
Step-by-Step Guide to Using Google Lens for Skin Conditions
Follow this easy guide and you’ll be a Google Lens pro in no time.
- Launch the Google App: Start by launching the Google app on your device. Look for the Google Lens icon on the right side of the search bar. It looks like a colourful camera.
- Capture or Upload a Picture: Once you’ve opened the Google Lens, you can either take a picture of the skin issue you’re trying to identify or choose a pre-existing picture from your gallery.
- Start the Search: After you’ve captured or selected the picture, hit the shutter button to initiate the search. You’ll be shown visual results that match your search.
You’ll also see possible diagnoses under your picture. Feel free to tap on each one to see more similar pictures and gain more insight.
Other Uses of Google Lens
Apart from helping you identify skin conditions, Google Lens is a multi-purpose tool.
- Language Translation: If you’re travelling to a foreign country and are struggling with the language barrier, Google Lens can be your translator. It can translate street signs, menus and more into over 100 languages.
- Homework Help: For students, Google Lens can be a go-to tool for homework problems. Stuck on a math, history, or science problem? Just tap the homework filter on Google Lens, take a picture of the problem, and Google Lens will provide the instructions to help you solve it.
Google Lens is revolutionising the way we use search engines. It’s no longer just about typing in the search bar; now, it’s about visual matches and image recognition. So, the next time you’re trying to identify a skin condition, remember, Google Lens is your friend.