How To Link Your NHIS To Your Ghana Card For Fast Renewals
Do you know that you can now link your NHIS to your Ghana card for fast renewals?
Ghana card (NIA card) is one of the most popular identification documents in Ghana. Since its registration started over a year ago, the majority of Ghanaians have put their names on the register.
Few weeks after the registration ended, the National Health Insurance Authority (NHIA) and the National Identification Authority (NIA) has successfully deployed the Ghana card integration onto the national mobile renewal platform.
In simple terms, Ghanaians with the Ghana Card and the NHIS card can now link their Ghana card to their NHIS card or vice versa. Upon successful completion, you can visit the health center with your NHIS card.
Also, you can renew your health insurance card with your Ghana card. This means that when you misplace your NHIS card, you can use your Ghana card for everything you that you would have used the NHIS card for.
Enough of the plenty talk, let’s jump right into it.
How To Link Your NHIS To Ghana Card For Fast Renewals
To get started, you need to have your Ghana Card and your NHIS card with you. Once you have these two documents, follow the steps below:
- Dial the shortcode *929# on your mobile device
- From the list of the options provided, select option 4 (Link Ghana Card).
- Enter your 13-digit Ghana Card Identification number (GHA *************). (Please include the GHA, and the 10 digits after the GHA, without the hyphen).
- Check to see if the ID number you enter matches the one on the Ghana Card. If so, press Send.
- Enter your 8-digit NHIS identification number.
- Check to see if the ID number you enter matches the one on the NHIS Card. If so, press Send.
- Wait for a confirmation message stating that your operation has been successful.
Now that you have successfully linked your Ghana Card to your NHIS card, make sure to enjoy all the benefits that come with it. There’s no need to join a long queue only to renew or replace your NHIS card, link Ghana to your NHIS card for far renewals.
Since this is a new deployment, please make sure to try it out and write your feedbacks in the comments section below; this will help the team to address any mistakes they make.
Also, if you face any difficulty feel free to write it down in the comments section below and I will attend to you as soon as possible.