MTN Turbonet is a new device from MTN Ghana which was recently launched to provide faster and cheaper internet to homes as an alternative to MTN’s already existing fibre broadband.
The Turbonet devices have been in MTN stores for well over 6 months before the official launch in Accra last month.
The device in itself is a plug and play high-speed 4G device made by Huawei for MTN Ghana.
How and where to buy the MTN Turbonet
You can buy the MTN Turbonet from any MTN Service Centre at a one time cost of GHS 300. After buying the device, you are given a free MTN 4G sim card in addition which comes with 5GB of free data for 6 months.
If you want to enjoy using the Turbonet on a postpaid plan, you can request for this, although I think the prepaid plans are pretty cool and less expensive.
Alternatively, one other way you can purchase the Turbonet is by getting it via Hubtel’s online shop. Currently, it goes for a discounted price of GHS 285 there. Visit the shop here: http://bit.ly/2WAyCOA
Depending on whether you are buying in the MTN shop or getting the device at delivery, you would have to register the sim in the router for it to work.
If you buy the device in the MTN Shop, this will be done there, however, if you buy from Hubtel and it is delivered, you will need to provide your details at delivery for the sim to be registered.
Benefits of MTN Turbonet
- Free 5GB of data upon registration/activation
- Extra 5GB of bonus upon recharge for the next 5 months after activation
- Unbeatable data plans valid for 30 days with the option to roll over
- Super-high-speed and reliable internet connection
- External antenna to enhance internet connection
- Self-service accessible from the router
- Voice-enabled feature for calls (MTN advises that you keep the sim in the router at all times)
How to bundle on MTN Turbonet
The easiest way to bundle your MTN Turbonet is to link it to your existing phone number. You can do this when you are buying the router at the MTN Customer Service Shop.
You can link more than one phone number to your Turbonet, however, keep in mind that linking a phone number gives the person access to top up your Turbonet.
Once your Turbonet is linked to your phone number, follow the following steps to top up via mobile money:
- Dial *170# to access the MTN Mobile Money options
- Choose option 3 – Airtime & Bundles
- Choose option 3 again – MTN Broadband
- Enter your MTN Turbonet number when you are prompted to do so
- Select your preferred package
- Confirm purchase
- You will receive a text message confirming your purchase
How to check your balance on MTN Turbonet
You can check your MTN Turbonet balance anytime on your linked MTN number. Follow the following steps to check your TurboNet balance:
- Dial *5057# on your linked MTN Number
- Select option 3 – “Check balance”
- Choose your account from the list of account that comes up
- You will receive a prompt showing the bundle you have as well as the bonus bundle and airtime on your MTN Turbonet.
Bundle Prices for MTN Turbonet
MTN Turbonet is undoubtedly the cheapest 4G service in Ghana right now. Check out the bundle offers below:
|Data Volume (GB)||Amount (GHS)|
All data on the MTN Turbonet rolls over, which means you don’t have to finish using it, however, as soon as you do another offer, you keep the data from last month.
MTN Turbonet Speedtest
Watch this video on how fast the MTN Turbonet is as well as some of the other great services they are providing:
MTN Turbonet Router Specs
|Product type||Huawei WiFi Router with Ethernet port|
|Chipset||HiSilicon LTE Cat6 Chipset|
|Data rates||DL 300Mbps/UL 50Mbps|
|Supported 4G LTE frequency bands||Huawei B612s-25d: B1/B3/B7/B8/B20/B38/B40/B41/B42/B43
|WLAN||802.11 b/g/n/ac, single-band 2.4GHz|
|Max supported users||32 users|
|MIMO||4 x 4 MIMO|
|Connector for external antenna||Two, SMA-female jacks|
|App management||Huawei Hilink APP|
|SIM Size||Micro SIM|
|Dimensions||240 × 155 × 78 mm|
|Interfaces||3 x LAN port(RJ45)
1 x LAN/WAN port (RJ45)
1 x telephone port(RJ11)
Two external LTE antenna ports (SMA-female)
One micro-SIM card slot
1 x USB 2.0 port
|Other features||Firewall, CS Voice, VoIP, VoLTE, IPv6/IPv4 dual stack, NAT, DHCP, VPN, DMZ, UPnP, ALG,|