Submit your Business Idea Online & get financial support from Government
A lot of young people have the drive to start a business, coupled with a great idea and an unbelievable drive to succeed, but little or no capital. However, If you have a viable business idea don’t let the lack of capital stop you. The Ministry of Business Development has just opened applications for what is known as a Presidential Pitch.
What is the Presidential Pitch?
The Presidential Pitch is a project designed to offer young Ghanaian Entrepreneurs from 18 – 35 years of age the opportunity to Market their business ideas and to get financial assistance to implement such ideas. The Ministry of Business Development, via the Presidential pitch, is calling on young entrepreneurs to take part in a pitching competition.
The Project is in line with His Excellency, the President of the Republic of Ghana, Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo’s vision of assisting young entrepreneurs to incubate their business ideas and improve Livelihoods.
Depending on the scope of business ideas that are pitched, between GHS 10,000 and GHS 50,000 will be advanced to each applicant that qualifies.
Some 20 applicants will be shortlisted after a series of pitches and then narrowed down to 10, after which access to the capital funding is granted upon qualification.
The capital funding will be an interest-free loan to be paid after three years.
Who can apply for the Presidential Pitch?
The Presidential Pitch is open to any Ghanaian between the ages of 18 -35 years as at 30th May 2018.
What you need to apply for the Presidential Pitch
- Personal Information: First name, Last Name, Sex, Date of Birth, Email Address, Phone Number, Highest Education Level, Region and District of Residence.
- Summary of your Business
- Business Area
- Executive Summary of your Business (in PDF, at most 2000 words and not more than 5mb in size)
How to Apply for the Presidential Pitch
All applicants are requested to complete the application form below on the Ministry’s Website. Here is how to go about it:
- Visit the Presidential Pitch Page on the Ministry of Business Development’s website by clicking here.
- Scroll to the “Application Form” section and fill in the needed information.
- Upload your Business’ Executive Summary in the space provided.
- Check all information is correct and click on “Submit”.
- You will receive a message confirming your form has successfully been submitted.
The Application period is from the 15th of May 2018 to the 30th of May 2018.
If you have any questions, you can contact the Ministry directly on +233302665447 or send them an email: [email protected]