How To Record Whatsapp Calls On Android And iPhones
Tiktok may be the new video and trends app, Zoom may be the new home for all meetings but Whatsapp still remains what it is. The world’s leading chatting app.
Be you a child, a teenager or an adult, Whatsapp is one application you use every single day, so long as you have a smartphone.
Despite the fact that most users prefer to use Whatsapp for text and video chats, quite a number of them still go for the now better Whatsapp Voice Calls.
Whatsapp voice calls, just like normal phone calls can be for various reasons. For security reasons or for record-keeping sake, you may need to record some of your Whatsapp calls.
You may also read about How To Secretly Record All Your Phone Calls
Unfortunately, Mark Zuckerberg and his team haven’t come up with an in-born feature for recording WhatsApp calls.
However, this shouldn’t be your headache. This article solves this problem perfectly.
In this article, we shall discuss how to record your Whatsapp calls.
How To Record Whatsapp Calls On Your Android Phone
For android users, this ‘all difficult’ task of recording Whatsapp Calls is a little bit easier and more possible.
Your best bet for recording a Whatsapp call on your android phone is by using the Call Recorder – Cube ACR application.
Follow the procedure below to learn about how to use the app to record your Whatsapp calls:
- Download the Cube ACR Call Recorder application from the google playstore and install it on your phone.
- After successfully installing the application on your android phone, you need to grant permissions for the application to access your contacts, record your calls and access other parts of your phone. For those using android versions 10 or higher, you may need to grant the Cube ACR recorder, you have to enable app connector permission in your Accessibility settings menu.
- Open your Whatsapp application after granting all the required access and permission to the Cube app. Make a call to any Whatsapp contact you wish to call. If your App is set up properly, you should see the Cube Recorder Widget on your screen. If it isn’t well setup, you would get an error message on your screen.
- If you keep getting error messages on your phone, then it’s a problem with your app. To resolve this, open the Cube App and go to recording settings. Under ‘VOIP’ recording settings, turn on ‘Ignore VOIP-Support check’. Then, select ‘Voice Call’ option in the VOIP recording source settings.
Note: The Cube Recording App only works on some android phones so it is likely that this application may not work on your phone. This shouldn’t be a worry to you. Check here for the list of phones that support this application.
How To Record Whatsapp Calls On Your Iphone
Apple is very keen on security and privacy-related issues, especially across its devices.
As such, it is a bit difficult to perform the Whatsapp Call recording functionality on an iPhone. However, it is not entirely impossible. Actually, there is nothing impossible in the computing world.
So here, follow these steps to record Whatsapp Calls on your Iphone:
- Connect your phone to an Apple Macbook using a lightning cable.
- For the first time connections, select ‘Trust this computer’ on your phone.
- Launch Quicktime on your Macbook.
- Next, choose ‘new audio recording’ under the file menu.
- Click on ‘record’ in your Quick Time application window.
- Using the iPhone, call your phone via Whatsapp. Then, click on the ‘add user’ icon.
- Choose the person whose call you want to record and connect them.
- Your call will be recorded automatically after connecting the person.
When you’re done with the call, stop the recording in your Quick Time window and save the audio on your Macbook.
Old But Gold
If these methods used above do not work for your phone, you may have to rely on this strategy which has existed for years.
To do this, you first of all need to be in a very quiet room where there is little or no noise.
You must also have an external recorder such as a different phone from the one you’re using to make the Whatsapp call or an audio or mp3 recorder.
- Call the person whose call you want to record via Whatsapp.
- Once they answer, but the call on handsfree mode and turn on your sound recording device.
- Record the whole conversation from a close distance.
- Save the file on your recorder and send it to your phone later.
There are times when calls must be recorded for personal reasons, security reasons or for record-keeping sake. For any of these reasons, such calls may either be normal phone calls or Voice Over Internet Protocol (VOIP) calls such as Whatsapp calls.
Interestingly, there are apps readily available on most phones for recording voice calls. However, WhatsApp doesn’t come with the in-built feature of recording calls.
So, there is a need for reliance on third-party software for this purpose. In this article, we looked at some ways of recording Whatsapp Calls On your iPhone and Android phones.
We hope this article was helpful to you and that you will share with your friends and relatives.
Kindly do well to leave your comments, views, questions and reservations in the comment box below.