How to Register for Zeepay Mobile Money
With several mobile money platforms emerging, choosing the best one that fits you could be a little bit confusing.
Apart from the normal mobile network operator’s mobile money platforms, there are also other mobile money platforms that do not take into consideration your mobile network.
Some of these are Moorle, Ayoba, Zeepay, etc. But in this article, we are only going to focus on how to register for Zeepay mobile money.
What is Zeepay Mobile Money?
Zeepay mobile money is a fast, convenient, affordable and electronic wallet service that allows customers to easily save, send, and receive money.
Zeepay just like a physical wallet gives you somewhere to store your money, but even with more features and very high security.
In addition, Zeepay has compatible Near Field Communication (NFC) that allows you to link your wallet to your NFC tag. This allows you to make transactions from your account even without a mobile phone.
This feature is made possible by Zeepay in collaboration with other third-party partners including some selected banks.
How to register for Zeepay Mobile Money
There are two (2) ways of registering for Zeepay Mobile Money. There are
Registration via USSD and registration via the Zeepay mobile app.
How to register for Zeepay Mobile Money via USSD
This option is good for persons without a smartphone and iPhone users. Because, non-smartphone users cannot download the Zeepay app and the app is also not available on the Apple App Store.
- Dial *270#
- Choose option 1 (Register).
- Select your ID type (Voters ID, Passport, Drivers’ License, or SSNIT).
- Enter your ID number.
- Confirm the name found on the ID card and enter your Date of Birth in the required format (DD-MM-YYYY).
- Enter your Residential address without the GPS code.
- Enter your Ghana Post GPS (optional). If you don’t have any, enter NA.
- Enter “1” to confirm your account creation.
- Upon successful completion, a confirmation message with your 6-digit PIN will be sent to your mobile number via SMS.
How to register for Zeepay Mobile Money using the Zeepay Mobile App
Unlike the registration via USSD, this option is only available for Android users.
- Download the Zeepay app from the Google Play Store.
- After installation, open the app.
- Select Add New Terminal.
- Enter the required details and create your account.
- Upon successful registration, a notification will be sent to you via SMS.
What Are The Benefits of Zeepay Mobile Money?
Due to the numerous mobile money options available on the market, before you select any mobile money platform you need to analyze the benefits and the disadvantages. Below are some of the benefits of signing-up for Zeepay mobile money:
- There are lower fees for cash out and transfer services.
- There is a Micro Insurance for as low as GHS 2.50.
- You can also make a direct wallet – to – bank transactions.
- Lastly, you can receive, convert, and transfer cash pick remittance into your Zeepay mobile wallet.
Is Zeepay Mobile Money Safe?
The answer is YES. Zeepay is a mobile money financial institution and as such, funds held in your Zeepay wallet are protected by Bank of Ghana regulations.
Before you can register for a Zeepay account, your ID card will be required therefore it will be hard for fraudsters and criminals to use these services for their gain
Another interesting thing is that, every transaction you make is stored on a database and even if your phone or SIM card is lost or stolen, your money will always be kept safe.
How to Top Up Your Zeepay Mobile Money Wallet
To top up your Zeepay account, you can link your mobile money wallet to your Zeepay wallet and top it up via mobile money. Also, you can top up your wallet by paying cash at any Zeepay mobile money merchant nationwide.
Zeepay mobile money is very quick and easy to register mobile money platform as compared to the other platforms; I created mine in less than 3 minutes.
Depending on the type of your mobile device, choose the option that will fit and create your Zeepay mobile money wallet and enjoy the benefits that come with it.
Have you used Zeepay before? If yes, feel free to share your experience in the comment section below, and if there’s something I left out feel free to write that also in the comment section below.
Make sure to share this article with your friends and relatives.