How To Request For your MTN Mobile Money Statement
MTN Mobile Money has obviously become a defining and leading power in the electronic cash ecosystem of Ghana.
With the government projecting to digitize the whole economy, it is important for us to know the full functionality of electronic payment systems such as Mobile Money.
One characteristic of a good payment system is the ability to track record of transactions by means of transaction statements.
Fortunately, MTN Mobile Money provides this functionality on both USSD platform and its mobile application platform.
In this article, we shall look at how to request your Statement of Account from your MTN Mobile Money Account using the USSD platform or the mobile application platform.
How To Request Your MTN Mobile Money Statement via USSD Code
The USSD Platform also known as the Shortcode platform is the first platform associated with MTN Mobile Money and hence can be used on all mobile phones – both smart phones and the simple ones we refer to as ‘Yam’.
There are basically two types of statements you can get from your MTN Mobile Money account. They are:
- Full statement covering a duration of upto 2 years.
- A mini statement covering a week.
In order to request for your full MTN Mobile Money statement of account via the USSD platform, follow the steps below:
- Dial *170#
- Select ‘6’ to enter your wallet
- Select ‘4’ for statements
- Select 1 for a full statement of account covering a certain period.
- If you want the full statement, select ‘2’ in the next step to ‘request statement’
- Enter your email address
- Confirm your email address
- Enter the date from which you wish your statement to commence. So if you want to have your statement to cover between January 2020 and 30th April 2020, you just have to type the start date in this format: 30 04 2020. Day, month and year, separated by a space.
- Enter the end date for your statement of account. So in the example used above, the end date should be 30 04 2020. Following the same format.
- You’ll receive a prompt asking you to authorize payment of 50 pesewas. Enter your password and authorize the transaction.
- The statement of account will be delivered to the provided email address in a couple of minutes.
If you wish to get a mini statement of account which covers your transaction for the current week, follow the instructions below:
- Dial *170#
- Select option ‘6’ to enter your wallet
- Select option ‘4’ for your statement.
- Select Option 2 for mini-statement.
- Enter your password to see your statement.
- On the next screen, you’ll see your mini-statement.
How To Request Your MTN Mobile Money Statement Via The Mobile App
Requesting for your Statement of account using the MTN mobile app is very easy and convenient. Follow the steps below:
- Open your MTN Mobile Application.
- Select ‘Momo Services’
- Enter your PIN Code.
- Select ‘My Wallet’
- Click on ‘Mini statement’ to access your mini-statement
- or click on Statement request to have full access to your statement covering a duration of your choice.
- Enter your PIN again to confirm and have access to your statement of account.
Note: Remember to always turn on your mobile data when using the application to access your mobile money account. When using a wifi, you cannot access your MOMO account.
Having access to your mobile money statement of account is one way of ensuring the safety of your account and tracking expenses. Whenever there is a dispute about a payment made through MTN Mobile money, you can always fall on your Statement to give you a proof. I hope this article was very helpful to you and that you may refer it to your friends and colleagues. If you have any comments or reservations regarding this post, kindly let us know in the comment box below.