How To Save Snapchat Videos To Camera Roll
Snapchat may be a great platform for sending discrete, timed videos and photos to friends and family. You’ll share candid scenes and important messages, safe within the knowledge that the content you share can’t be saved unless you permit it.
Unfortunately, that isn’t always an honest thing, especially if you’re looking to save lots of a Snapchat video yourself. If you would like to understand the way to save Snapchat videos, you’ve got to know there are some limitations.
This guide has everything you would like to understand about saving Snapchat videos. Also here are so many ways you can follow to grow your Snapchat followers.
Can You Save Snapchat Videos From Someone Else?
It is possible to save lots of Snapchat videos, depending on the source. If you created the videos yourself, you’ll export them to your camera roll so you’ll keep them indefinitely and use them outside the platform. This works for both Android and iPhone devices.
You can also export videos you receive from other users, but as long as they’ve sent the videos as attachments during a Snapchat text chat. You can’t save short, timed, and full-screen Snapchat videos within the app itself.
You can’t save videos that appear as a part of a user’s Snapchat story too.
You can only save these videos by taking a screenshot or a screen recording in line with a mobile screen recording app. However, trying to require screenshots or recordings like this may alert the opposite user.
Snapchat may be a platform for disposable videos, so you ought to use caution if you are trying to save loads of Snapchat videos when you shouldn’t.
Not only can this alienate your relationships with the video senders, but it’s going to even be viewed as a violation and place you in breach of Snapchat’s terms of service.
Saving Your Own Snapchat Videos
If you’ve recorded a video (or take a photo) within the Snapchat app, you’ll be able to easily reserve it before it’s sent on both Android and iPhone devices.
- To do this, open the Snapchat app and record a video by pressing and holding the Record button within the center of the app’s camera view.
- To save a Snapchat video you’ve recorded, tap the Download button within the bottom-left corner.
- The recorded video will now be available in your device’s camera roll for you to use elsewhere.
How to Save Your Own Snapchat Story Videos
Snapchat Stories provide an outline of the last 24 hours for that user, showing a curated list of activities, messages, and more. You’ll be able to export these videos, but you’ll only do that before the videos expire unless the videos are set to be saved automatically to your Snapchat Memories section.
- To save a Snapchat Story video, open the Snapchat app and tap the Bitmoji or Story icon within the top-left corner.
- In the Stories section of your Snapchat user profile, you’ll prefer to save one Snapchat Story video or a whole day’s worth of Snapchat Story videos directly. To save lots of Story videos from an entire day, tap the three horizontal dots menu icon next to the My Story section.
- In the bottom menu, tap Save Story to save lots of the videos to your camera roll.
- If you would like to save lots of a private Snapchat Story video instead, tap the individual video listed under the My Story section in your user profile area to look at it.
- Tap the hamburger menu icon within the top-right corner to access the settings for that video.
- To save the Story video, tap the Save button at rock bottom.
- As with videos you’re taking privately, any videos you save from your Snapchat Story are going to be exported to your device’s camera roll.
Save Attached Snapchat Videos From Other Users
If you receive a video as an attachment during a Snapchat text chat, then you’ll be able to save and export it (assuming you’ve got permission to). Doing this may alert the sender, so you ought to only do that if you’ve received permission to do so.
To save an attached Snapchat video, open the Snapchat chat, then tap and hold the attached video. Within the pop-up menu, tap the Save to Camera Roll choice to export the video. This will save the video to your camera roll for you to use anywhere.
Save Full Screen Snapchat Videos and Stories
Unlike added Snapchat videos, you can’t save full-screen Snapchat videos sent from other users. These are standard Snapchat messages that are temporary as intended. Likewise, Snapchat Stories from other users can’t be saved by other users within the Snapchat app itself.
The only way around this problem is to use a mobile video recorder (or to require a screenshot if you would like to save lots of images instead).
If you are doing this, the opposite user is going to be immediately alerted, and there isn’t any way around this without breaking Snapchat’s terms of service.
iPhones have built-in screen recording technology, while Android device owners with Android 9 or less got to install a third-party app like AZ Screen Recorder. Android 10 device owners can use the built-in screen recording feature instead.
- Android 10 users can begin a screen recording by swiping down their notifications menu and tapping the Screen Recorder icon.
With this mode active, you’ll then play a received Snapchat video or Snapchat Story to record the content you would like to save before tapping the Screen Recorder icon again to prevent recording.
- iPhone users need to open the Settings app on their phones to start screen recording. From there, tap center> Customize Controls and tap the + (plus) icon next to the Screen Recording choice to add it to the center menu.
- With screen recording enabled, open the center by swiping up from the top-right corner (or bottom, depending on your iPhone model). Within the center, tap the white circular icon, then tap Start Recording to start the recording process.
- Record the received Snapchat video or Snapchat Story, then re-open the Control center. From there, tap the red circular icon again to prevent the recording.
- As mentioned, Android 9 (and older) users will get to install an app like AZ Screen Recorder to record other user’s Snapchat videos and Stories. Within the AZ Recorder app window, tap the Record icon in the bottom-left to start recording.
- With the app recording, open the Snapchat Story or video to play and record it. Return to the app, then tap the Record icon again to finish the recording and reserve it to your camera roll.
Now that you know how to save Snapchat videos, you can go and save your favorite videos with no hassle. Always be sure to abide by the community guidelines of Snapchat to prevent your account being blocked.