Slydepay: Online Payments in Ghana made Simple, Secure and Seamless
“iWallet” was originally launched in 2011 by DreamOval, one of Ghana’s biggest software developing companies, with the main aim of “making payments easier”. Later in 2015, it was rebranded to “Slydepay”, with exciting upgrades and features for Individuals and Businesses (both online and offline). This post looks at Slydepay for Individuals.
What is Slydepay?
Slydepay is an electronic and online funds transfer service by DreamOval that enable signed up users to make payments and receive money while enabling store owners to accept payments. Transactions via Slydepay happen online via a web browser or any of the Slydepay apps available for Android, iOS and Windows.
How does Slydepay work?
To the individual, Slydepay provides a convenient and easy method of making payments for products and services online. People in Ghana today are at times subjected to going through hours of traffic to purchase their goods and make household payments. No more. With the service, any Ghanaian will be able to sit in the comfort of their home and purchase household goods, food, clothing, etc. online and have them delivered at home as well as make payments without leaving their desk.
A user will have to sign up for the service, then follow prompts to register his/her account.
How to Register for Slydepay
- Visit the Slydepay Sign Up page or download the app from your favourite app store.
- Choose “Personal Account”
- Fill in the details as requested. This includes your full name, phone number and chosen password.
- Click on “Create Account”
- You will receive both an SMS and an email to confirm your account.
- Follow the process in the email first to successfully confirm your account.
- After that, you will be required to enter the mobile verification code.
- On the next screen, enter your six-digit secret code
- You will then be required to enter a security question as well as your date of birth.
- On the next screen, enter your notifications preferences and tap “Next”.
- That’s it! Your Slydepay account is all set up
What can you do with Slydepay? (How to Use Slydepay)
Send and Receive Money Instantly
Send money to anyone in Ghana using any of the mobile money networks. Send directly from your linked Visa/Mastercard issued from any bank in the world. You can cash out your Slydepay money with any of the mobile money networks in Ghana.
Pay your mechanic, seamstress, mason, plumber, employees, etc. through our Mobile Money channels (MTN, Tigo, Airtel & Vodafone). You do not need to have a mobile money wallet to do so. Pay them directly from your credit/debit card and they will receive it in their mobile money wallet.
Pay Your Bills, Fees & Dues
Avoid traffic and save fuel by paying your bills, school fees and club/organisational dues with Slydepay. You can pay from our app or from our web portal.Info: You don’t need a Slydepay account to use the web portal.