The world became one stage when the internet and social media emerged and everyone who embraces the new trend quickly is a winner! This includes businesses, online quickly improves our fortune in business as we are quickly opened up to a market far beyond our physical presence. Here comes Social Media Week Accra.
What is Social Media Week Accra?
In Accra, from 11th -15th of September 2017, Social Media Week will bring to life the opportunities that going online presents, as scores of volunteers, will storm various open markets, helping to set up various businesses online.
With a partnership with Facebook and Google Skills for Africa, a directory is going to be created making it easy to find things in very popular locations in Ghana like Kantamanto, Makola etc
For eg. Imagine a directory that shows you where all the jeans sellers in Kantamanto are located, or where you can find every wedding décor vendor at Rawlings Park!
Convenience for the consumer, and great sales for the vendor!
— SMWiAccra (@SMWiAccra) September 1, 2017
Who can attend Social Media Week Accra?
With a passion for emerging technology, mobile and social media, Social Media Week attendees always strive to understand and share what’s next. Among those who can attend are:
- C-Level executives
- Mid-senior level marketing executives
- Digitally focused enterprise professionals
- Technology entrepreneurs and founders
- Media and publishing executives
- Bloggers and social media influencers
Who will be speaking at Social Media Week Accra?
- AKISI ACKAH, Head Of Brand, Vodafone
- ANITA ERSKINE, Entrepreneur and Broadcaster
- APRIL REIGN, Managing Editor Of Broadway Black And The Creator Of The Viral Hashtag #Oscarssowhite
- ATO ULZEN-APPIAH, Director of Ghana Think Foundation, social media champion and blogger
- BENJAMIN ANYAN, Digital Expert who has worked with PZ Africa, Nescafe CWA, Nido CWA
- BERNARD KAFUI SOKPE, Brands Manager, Hubtel
- CITI FM, Team
- DEREK LARYEA, Ag. CEO of Ghana Chamber of Telecommunications
- ERRYN GRACEY, Brand Strategy Executive of Ad Dynamo
- FRANK BRUCE, Twitter guru and runs Barcamp Bolga account
- GLOBAL MEDIA ALLIANCE, Representative
- HANNAH ASHIOKAI AKRONG, Vodafone HR Director
- IRENE DONATI, Head of Strategy at Omg Digital, the BuzzFeed of Africa
- JEMILA ABDULAI, Digital Marketing Consultant & Creator of Circumspecte
- KAJSA HALLBERG ADU, Ashesi Lecturer And Founder Of Blogging Ghana
- KOW ESSUMAN, Lawyer and Special Aide to the President
- L’AINE SERVICES, Representative
- MIC FOX, Director of Digital at Emmis Communications.
- MOHAMMED ADJEI SOWAH, Mayor Of Accra
- NANA ‘ROFA’ KISSI, Head of Creatives & content at MI Promo
- NANA ABA ANAMOAH, Journalist and Founder of Raising Readers.
- NANA ASIHENE, CEO OF NKACC & Videographer.
- NICHOLAS TANYE, Head of Research, Ghana Social Media Rankings
- OMG VOICE, Team
- PHIL COERTZER, Managing Director for Ad Dynamo, Twitter representatives in Africa.
- PHILIP GANDAA NANFURI, Business Analyst At Radio XYZ & Development Finance Analyst
- PHIONA OKUMU, Music Editor and Label/Artist Relations Apple Music and iTunes (Sub-Saharan Africa)
- PRINCEWILL OSARO OMOROGIUWA, Simon Page Business School
- SELASI SEGBEDZI, Director, Strategy and Corporate Affairs at Jayset Consulting Limited
- SIMON ALANGDE, Managing Partner at Wineloya (Google representatives in Ghana)
- VENUS TAWIAH, Director of Business Development, Now Available
- VODAFONE CEO AND SMTs
- YOLANDA CUBA, Vodafone CEO
— BloggingGhana (@BloggingGhana) August 17, 2017
How can you participate in the Social Media Week Accra?
There is a wide range of activities at the Social Media Week Accra (SMWiAccra).