Step By Step Guide On How To Change Your YouTube Email Address
YouTube is a video sharing platform that has a lot of tutorials on any category you can think of. YouTube to me is like a university because you can find a lot more tutorials on this platform and you can master it by following the tutorials carefully.
The platform was created by 3 formal Paypal employees namely Chad Hurley, Jawed Karim and Steve Chen in February 2005 and in November 2006 Google bought the platform for $1.65 billion.
YouTube allows users to create a channel on their platform, upload videos, view videos and also subscribe to other users channels.
The type of videos that can be found there is video clips, TV shows, music videos, audio music movies trailers short and documentary films, live videos, video blogging and many more.
According to Alexa Rank, YouTube ranks number 2 on the most popular websites worldwide, and there are over 1,000,000,000 videos views per day on the platform with more than 1.9 billion unique visitors to YouTube each month.
Aside from watching funny videos or educational videos and many more categories all for free, you can also make money with YouTube.
If you already have a Gmail account, then you already have a YouTube account as with YouTube when you have a Gmail account there is no sign up required.
You might want to change your email address due to some reasons like maybe your Gmail account has been compromised or you want to have a new Gmail account that you can use only for some specific apps and websites.
Maybe you might be using your YouTube account for a while and will want to change your YouTube email address and wondering if it can be possible to do that because you are interested in the kinds of videos YouTube suggests to you every day and will not want to lose these kinds of new videos
YouTube is quite good on those suggestions, eg: you might one day watch a video on how to prepare Jollof Rice and the next time you visit YouTube again, the platform will suggest to you another cooking video tutorials which are related to the previous video you watched and that is one thing I love about this platform.
How To Change Your YouTube Account Email Address
- Open your web browser and visit youtube.com
- If you have already signed in your Gmail account on that browser you will see your YouTube account page opened, if you are not, then sign in to your Gmail account and you will be taken to your YouTube account.
- Now click on your profile on the top right corner.
- From the drop-down menu select Settings.
- On your Account section click on View Or Change Your Account Settings.
- You will be directed to a new Google Account page, on the top left click on Personal Info.
- On your Contact Info section, click on your email.
- You will be directed to a new page, select Advance.
- Click on Contact Email and select Add Other Email, proceed by typing In the new email address you want to use on your YouTube account and after that click on Add.
- You will receive a confirmation on your newly added email address, confirm it and this will help you to unlink your previous YouTube account, you will be directed to the confirmation page where you can remove your previous Google Account.
- You will then be asked to add your new email ID and password to update the changing of the email address, within minutes you will then receive a mail on all the info on your newly linked YouTube Account.
Many reasons can lead to someone changing his or her YouTube email address, in this article we went through a step by step guide on how to change your email address.