How To Stop Facebook From Announcing Your Birthday To Friends
For some of us, Facebook serves as a reminder to us. For example, when friends birth date approaches, Facebook serves a notice to alert us of it. The same way, when it’s our birthday, Facebook alerts our friends. Aside from this, when a friend writes something on their wall or post, Facebook notifies us.
In this post, we are going to look at how you can stop Facebook from announcing your birthday to friends. This can be annoying to some, people prefer to keep some part of their private life personal and away from friends.
If not about personal life, at times when Facebook announces our birthday we receive lots of messages on our wall and inbox. If you have a thousand friends, you are going to need to reply most of the messages in your inbox and wall which seems tedious if you are a busy person.
This and many other reasons will be good enough to have Facebook not announce your birthday. Aside these, it’s somehow beneficial to some of us. Most at times, friends do forget our birthdays but when they see the notifications they quickly remember and wish us.
How To Stop Facebook From Notifying Friends About Your Birthday (Facebook App)
- Navigate your profile and tap edit profile
- Scroll down and navigate to Basic info and tap edit
- Scroll down to Basic info and tap edit
- Tap the audience selector beside Birthday and set to Only Me
- In the Birth Year option, set to Only me.
How To Stop Facebook From Notifying Friends About Your Birthday (Computer)
- Go to your timeline and click on About
- On the left panel, select Contact and Basic Info
- On your Birthday and Birth Year, set the audience selector to only me.
After performing this, your birthday should no longer appear on your profile and all your friends will no longer receive notification from Facebook when it’s your Birthday.
Turn Off Birthday Notifications
If you are fed up with the daily dose of Facebook birthday notifications, you can easily turn them off. What you should note is, if you are the type that forgets things easily, you are going to miss many birthday reminders including your close friends.
If you remember things easily and you can recall your close friends birthday at any time and you are ok with turning this feature off, then follow the below steps.
- Open Facebook on your computer then tap the Down arrow in the far right toolbar.
- From the sidebar, click on notifications. Then click on the Edit option next to the On Facebook option.
- Navigate to the Birthday option and from the drop-down box, choose the OFF option. Turning this off will disable the birthday push notifications.
Sometimes these notifications from Facebook floods our timeline. In this post, I have shown you how you can stop Facebook from announcing your birthdate to friends.
Not only this but has also shown you how to turn off birthday notifications.