How To Update WhatsApp To The Latest Version On Android And iOS
Social media apps are gradually becoming more and better as days passed by. Many developers are coming out with new messaging apps that help individuals to communicate with each other in an effective way.
Today there are a lot of people who don’t even make calls because they prefer to chat on the messaging apps than calling. There’re thousands of messaging apps out there that are more effective and powerful for texting and calling.
But the one which outstands best among the rest is the WhatsApp messenger app. This app is the most widely used messaging app in the world because it has the best features and functions that make it different from the other apps.
WhatsApp messenger has over a million users and has the best functioning community in the world. The developers of this app keep on improving the app with different feature and function in every version that is released.
The current version of WhatsApp is version 2.19.63. This has come to improve on the other features that the app has in the earlier version.
If you are a user of this app and you are not using the latest version of this app then is time to update it to the new version. Updating your WhatsApp messenger comes with many advantages and some of which are:
- Get new and useful features of the new version
- Gives you the chance to run WhatsApp smoothly on your device.
Updating WhatsApp on Android and iOS is simple and smartphone user can do that without any problem.
In case you try to update your WhatsApp and it failed to update then in this post we are going to look at how to update your WhatsApp on both Android and iOS.
How to update WhatsApp on Android
There are two ways that users can be used to update WhatsApp on Android.
Updating on Google Play Store
Updating WhatsApp from the play store is simple and easy. All that you need to do is to open your play store from your app menu and then go to my apps & Games.
Now you will see a list of applications that are installed on your phone. Look for WhatsApp from the list and check if it has a new update.
If there is an update available, you need to tap on WhatsApp> Update and then you can update the App easily. But makes sure you have enough memory space on your device for it to update successfully.
Update WhatsApp in the App settings
Another way to update your WhatsApp messenger is through the WhatsApp settings. You can check the update section in the WhatsApp settings to see whether there is a new update.
To check for the new update through the WhatsApp settings you follow the step below:
- First, open your WhatsApp messenger on your phone and then select Options.
- Now under the options menu, you tap on Settings and choose Updates.
- Now Tap on “Check for updates” to see whether there is a newer version available.
- If there is, you follow the instructions on the screen to download and install the new update on your device.
How To Update WhatsApp On IOS
- First, open the App Store on your iPhone or iPad.
- Now tap on the Updates tab at the bottom. It will open the list of all the latest, available updates for your apps.
- Go through the list and find WhatsApp Messenger under the Available updates
- Now tap on the update button next to WhatsApp Messenger.
- Once you tap on the update button, if you’re not automatically signed in to the App Store, you will be prompted to enter your Apple ID password to confirm the update. But if you already are login, the app will begin to update. Wait until it finished then you are good to go.
The process of updating WhatsApp on Android and iOS is almost the same but what makes them different is the fact that android uses play store and iOS uses app store. If you are on iOS then follow the above-listed steps carefully and you should be able to update your iOS WhatsApp version to the latest version.