WhatsApp Group Video Calls: How to enjoy the new feature on Android or iOS
Video calling has been available on WhatsApp for quite sometime, but what about if you want to video call multiple WhatsApp contacts at the same time? Well, WhatsApp Group Video Calling is now available to both Android and iOS users of the App.
WhatsApp announced this on Monday via its blog post that it is making the much anticipated group video and audio calls available for all the users across the globe now.
How to Enjoy the WhatsApp Group Video Calling
To enjoy the feature, you need to make sure your WhatsApp is up to date. This new Group Video Call feature is live for all so you don’t need to enroll in beta to enjoy it.
Update WhatsApp on Android
- Go to Google Play store;
- Choose “My apps & games”;
- On the installed apps list, see if WhatsApp has new update;
- Tap “WhatsApp” > “Update”. Thus, you can update WhatsApp on your android phone and enjoy.
Update WhatsApp on iOS
- Open the App Store.
- Tap Updates at the bottom.
- Find WhatsApp Messenger on the Available list.
- Tap UPDATE next to WhatsApp.
Step by Step Guide to make Video Calls on WhatsApp
- Start a video with a single participant. After that, you need to click on the ‘Add participant’ icon at the top right corner in the video call interface.
- Once done, the icon will let you see your contact list from which you can select participants to talk to.
- When you add a participant in the video call, that person will be notified of the call along with the remaining participants you have chosen.
- The video calling interface allows you to add only one person at a time which means that the fourth person can be added only once the third person has accepted the invitation.
- After all the participants have accepted the invitation, the screen will split into four screens with each member featuring in each box.
- People can be added only by the caller/host who starts the call.
- A maximum of four people can be added in a group call.
Are you excited about this new feature from WhatsApp? Share this article with your family and friends and leave a comment too.