WhatsApp adds new stickers feature in the latest update; Update now
WhatsApp stickers: 12 new sticker packs for Android and iOS platforms.
WhatsApp does not seem to cool down when it comes to adding features and functionality. The latest feature to come to the instant messenger is stickers.
WhatsApp has a Stickers Store in its app whereby users can download 12 new sticker packs for free. The Sticker feature can be accessed from WhatsApp Web as well once the app is updated to the latest beta version.
How to enable Stickers in WhatsApp
- Join WhatsApp Beta program with this link: https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.whatsapp
- Update your WhatsApp to the latest version or you can get the apk directly here.
- You will be able to use stickers now.
How to use WhatsApp Stickers
- Open any chat or group.
- Next to the text input field, tap Emoji > the sticker icon.
- To add sticker packs, tap the plus icon.
- In the Stickers popup that appears, tap the download icon next to the sticker pack you want to download. A green check mark will appear once the download is complete.
- Tap the back arrow icon.
- Find and tap the sticker you want to send.
- Tap the clock icon to view your recently used stickers.
- Tap the star icon to view your favourite stickers.
- To favourite a sticker, tap and hold the sticker, then tap ADD.
- To unfavorite a sticker, tap the star icon to go to the favourites section. Tap and hold the sticker, then tap REMOVE.
- If you tap the heart box icon, it’ll show a set of sticker category icons, where stickers are categorized based on the emoji displayed on the icons.
- Example: Tapping the heart box icon will bring up any stickers containing hearts.
- If you want more sticker options, tap the plus icon. Scroll to the bottom of the ALL STICKERS tab and tap GET MORE STICKERS. This will take you to Google Play Store, where you can download sticker apps.
- To view the sticker packs you’ve downloaded, tap the plus icon > MY STICKERS tab. If you want to delete a specific sticker pack, tap Delete > DELETE. To reorder your sticker packs, tap and drag the four-line icon next to a sticker pack.