YouStart: Portal, Offices and How to Apply
YouStart is an initiative by the government of Ghana to help young people in Ghana start their own businesses and become economically self-sufficient.
If you are an entrepreneur looking to establish a business in Ghana, YouStart Ghana will be your guiding light, helping you get past the bureaucracy and red tape that has been holding you back.
YouStart, which stands for ’’the Youth Entrepreneurship and Start-up Grants’’ is an innovative startup portal set up by the Government of Ghana to support and nurture the growth of young entrepreneurs in Ghana and to develop the startup ecosystem in the country.
The initiative will aim at training over 50,000 youth who wish to establish themselves with an entrepreneurial skill and after the training, 5,000 trainee who will complete the training to the final phase will be provided with the needed capital.
How to be eligible
- Applicant must be between 18 to 40 years.
- Applicant must be at least a Junior High School graduate who has sat for the Basic Education Certificate Examination.
- Applicant must have the willingness to start a business. If you are a school dropout who is already in a business, you will be considered.
- Women and persons with disabilities would be given special attention.
What is required to apply
- Digital address
- Valid National Identification Card. Preferably Ghana Card.
- Certificate of the most recent education attainedValid mobile number.
How to apply
- To apply to YouStart training program and funds support, first visit their website gea.gov.gh/youstart
- On their website, locate ‘’eligibility criteria” and click on it.
- At the top of the eligibility criteria homepage, click on “apply now”.
- When you click on that, the application portal will open.
- Now, start filling in with the necessary information required and submit.
Alternatively, you can start your registration process directly by clicking on this link https://gea.gov.gh/gjsp/eligibility
Can anyone apply?
Be a Ghanaian between the ages of 18 to 40. You must have at least a BECE Certificate as your least qualification. If you don’t have any certificate, then you must be some who already have a business ongoing to be considered.
If i don’t have a business plan, can I apply?
You don’t need to have a business plan or idea to apply for YouStart program. However, if you do have one, it will be refined during the program.
What is the positive side of YouStart
The YouStart program is expected to broaden job creation, job sustainability, business innovations and growth for enterprises owned by the Ghanaian youth in the country which will lead to reduction of social vices caused by unemployment amongst the youth.
YouStart offices locations and contacts
YouStart have offices in almost all the regions in Ghana. If you have any question to ask, you can locate and visit them or call their office numbers to make your enquiries.
Head office, Accra
4 Abdul Gamel Nasser Avenue, Ridge, Accra
Email: [email protected]
Greater Accra address
Post Office Box MB85, Accra
+233 (0) 303 943 540
Eastern Region address
Post Office Box 854, Koforidua
+233 (0) 243 178 475
Volta Region address
Post Office Box 119, Ho
+233 (0) 246 274 682
Central Region address
Post Office Box 770, Cape Coast
+233 (0) 208 119 024
Western Region address
Post Office Box 27, Sekondi-Takoradi
+233 (0) 242 173 989
Ashanti Region address
Post Office Box 38, Kumasi
+233 (0) 249 902 876
Brong Ahafo Region address
Post Office Box 662, Sunyani
+233 (0) 244 801 064
Northern Region address
Post Office Box 100, Tamale
+233 (0) 20 840 7009
Upper West Region address
Post Office Box 277, Wa
+233 (0) 244 073 083
Upper East Region address
Post Office Box 50, Bolgatanga
+233 (0) 277 377 723
Oti Region address
ORCC, Box 1, Dambai
+233 (0) 303943544
If you are one with entrepreneurial skills but no capital, then YouStart is for you. If you are one with no skill but has the apathy to lean one and make good use of it, then YouStart is for you. Follow the guide above to apply and get a positive impact.